RLK&T Track Plan

Discussion in 'Track Planning' started by TomPM, Jan 17, 2003.

1. TomPM

TomPM Another Fried Egg Fan

OK so here it is the current new track plan for the Reading Lackawanna Kensington & Trenton. After about forty different schemes this one seems to be the best at the current time. This is a still a work in progress and will probably be changed five times today.

I still need to add the buildings I have for the town. There is also plans to add a trolley line that goes from the town to the Amusement Park. Also I need to decide on a few more industries for some of the sidings. The siding at the lower end of the town will most likely be a warehouse or railway express terminal.

All mainline radii are 22 inch.

Attached Files:

2. rockislandmike

rockislandmike Active Member

Just one question, Tom - where does your layout connect to the rest of the world ???
  3. TomPM

Mike I haven't quite worked out that detail yet. I have a few spots where I am thinking of adding an interchange track or two. Right now I just wanted to get the basic layout figured out. I am most likey four to six months from being construction.
  4. Clerk

Clerk Active Member

Tom
    I like it. I like it I like it. It sure has a lot of potential. Just add the interchange track and you have it made.:D :D :D :D
  5. Tyson Rayles

Tyson Rayles Active Member

Tom will this be a island style layout?
  6. TomPM

Tyson if you mean by island that the layout will not be against a wall, then you are correct. As it stands right now there will be a space between the basement wall and the layout for access. I am thinking of adding a low backdrop to the top of the layout.
  7. Tyson Rayles

Tyson Rayles Active Member

Well that answers my access question. Other than the connection to the "outside" world it looks good to go to me! :cool: