rksstl layout party

Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by rksstl, Feb 6, 2006.

1. rksstl

rksstl Member

Well after starting off real bad,3 of my locos destroyed (2 SD-50 and a GP-38) decoders and all, last time I let anyone else borrow something.... :curse:
    On the brighter side I so far have painted 2 box cars in Norfolk Southern colors. Painted a SD-35 decaled Just have to put railings and some detail on it. And started on a DPM Transfer Terminal, still want to cut out a few doors. :wave:

Attached Files:

2. Ray Marinaccio

Ray Marinaccio Active Member

Nice paint jobs Rich. :thumb:
  3. TomPM

TomPM Another Fried Egg Fan

Great job on the cars and the loco!
  4. Ralph

Ralph Remember...it's for fun!

I agree, very nice paint jobs! You've proabely mentioned this before but can you sy a little about Midwest Terminal...is it freelanced or proto?
    Ralph
  5. rksstl

rksstl Member

Thanks guys. Yes the MT is freelanced. It connects with the NS and runs on the old KATY lines south out of St. Charles MO. (which is now a bike/walking trail) Kinda of what might have been???? I've been working on the history of it and I'll post it here and on NARA as soon as I get it done.
  6. Gary S.

Gary S. Senior Member

Okay, I have to ask, what happened to the locos?
  7. Ray Marinaccio

Yea, how bad are they. Inquiring minds want to know. :D
    I do buy junkers and wrecks. :rolleyes:
  8. rksstl

rksstl Member

The 2 SD=50 had the shells off, the 38's shell was on small hands and feet were aplied to the chassies and decoders as well as the entire 38. They were lent to someone who didn't keep an eye on them. I think the 50's and can salvage (already have parts ordered from atlas.) the 38 is now in my junk pile for parts and such. I'm just thankful that the 50' shells were intact. just need trucks and decoders.
  9. Ray Marinaccio

Wow, Bummer.
  10. Catt

Catt Guest

Rich,good looking loco and boxcars.I'm hoping to get some more locos repainted during the party but am having my doubts it will happen.

Sorry to read about the locos and decoders .I've gotton to the point of never loaning locos to anybody unless I'm there to supervise them.
  11. rksstl

rksstl Member

That's a good rule that I'm stickin too. ( ps I don't blame the kids there small and don't know any better, But the adult should have known better.) :wave:
  12. eightyeightfan1

eightyeightfan1 Now I'm AMP'd

Looks good. Great start.
    I feel your pain about losing a prized loco. I lost one myself, but it was my fault.
  13. rksstl

rksstl Member

Didn't get alot done this week started a new job. But I did get working on a DPM Transfer Terminal. I added a floor since I cut out a few doors, I wish DPM would mold there building w/o door and let you decide if you want them or not. But they still make a nice kit. I'm also working on adding working headlamps to a couple of
    atlas Ford trucks that will be in use at the new terminal.

Attached Files:

14. TomPM

The terminal is coming along nicely!
  15. rksstl

rksstl Member

Free time is a rare commidity for next couple of weeks but I'm stll plugging away. So far with the terminal building I've added bracing to the inside to support the roof and give me somewhere to place lighting. Also around the base I use electrcal tape as a light block.

Attached Files:

16. rksstl

rksstl Member

Heres a shot with the interior and dock lights working. I need to weather the building and base, the green truck on the right will have fiber optic headlamps shortly. I've decided instead of laying more track to do some scenery. Hopefully in the 2nd half of the party I'll finish up the terminal area.

Attached Files:

17. TomPM

Looks great!
  18. rksstl

rksstl Member

Heres a couple more shots of the terminal building lit up. I thing I'm finally getting the camera down a little better. By next weekend I hope to get to the LHS and get everything I need to finish it.

Attached Files:

19. MilesWestern

MilesWestern Active Member

A suggestion: Why don't you cut the missing doors in half (assuming you didn't dispose of them) to portray an open door, remember, those are hinged wooden doors!
  20. zedob

zedob Member

Wow, you had to get a building permit to build your model?:D

Nice building.

Attached Files: