RJR Traction Depot

Discussion in 'HO Scale Model Trains' started by johntealn30, Aug 7, 2007.

1. johntealn30

johntealn30 New Member

Hi guys,

Not posted on here for a while so thought I would drop in and let you know what I have been up to.

Due to constant bad weather I have rebuilt my indoor layout that was designed around my old On30 stock. to reflect the change I made to OO
    The depot.... The main depot is scratch built from plasticard
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The warehouse... Again scracth built from plasticard

[​IMG]

The terrace house's... Metcalfe card kits

[​IMG]

Overview

[​IMG]

And when the sun comes out I still like to give the motors a good airing outside..

YouTube - Busy Day

YouTube - View from the bridge

John
    RJR
    RJR Branch Line
  2. Ralph

Ralph Remember...it's for fun!

Very nice John!!! I really like the interior shot of that Maintenance Depot!
    Ralph
  3. johntealn30

johntealn30 New Member

Thanks Ralph.

A bit more from last nights activities....

When I started the layout I was concerned that its small size and also the fact I was modelling a maintenance depot would leave the base board looking all railway no scenery. So when the raised area beyond the bridge evolved it gave a chance for some structures to be added.
    The area to the extreme left of the layout beyond the terrace houses has been the latest area of attention.
    The building is a Metclfe kit but drasticly "card-bashed" both tall sections, the mill and warehouse have been lowered by one floor. and the single storey section made from what was left
    [​IMG]
    The are in front is going to be a court yard / car park and walled off from the terrace back yard, leaving an alley to the terrace yards. (where the skip is)
    [​IMG]
    and her is the view from the other end
    [​IMG]
    John
    RJR
    I have also updated the indoor page of my website with some slideshows of the layouts construction
  4. doctorwayne

doctorwayne Active Member

Looks good, John. :thumb: I too like the interior shot of the shop, and the warehouse and mill both look nice, but I really like those terrace houses. They're very similar to what I've got planned for a spot on my own layout. Nice work.

Wayne
  5. johntealn30

johntealn30 New Member

detailing

Latest updates.. Hopefully as you will see I have been concentrating on details.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  6. cnw1961

cnw1961 Member

John, northern Europe is definitely not the place to be this so called summer, but your pictures compensate a bit for the bad weather :wave:. You created a lot of great scenes for such a small layout. The terrace houses are beautiful.
  7. Art Decko

Art Decko Member

I love the "tromp l'oueille" work on the "far" side of the bridge! Very nicely done!

How do you like Metcalfe models?