RJR Traction Depot

johntealn30

Hi guys,

Not posted on here for a while so thought I would drop in and let you know what I have been up to.

Due to constant bad weather I have rebuilt my indoor layout that was designed around my old On30 stock. to reflect the change I made to OO
The depot.... The main depot is scratch built from plasticard
S7001507.jpg

S7001001.jpg

The warehouse... Again scracth built from plasticard

S7001497.jpg

The terrace house's... Metcalfe card kits

S7001180.jpg

Overview

overall.jpg

And when the sun comes out I still like to give the motors a good airing outside..

YouTube - Busy Day

YouTube - View from the bridge

John
RJR
RJR Branch Line

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Very nice John!!! I really like the interior shot of that Maintenance Depot!
Ralph

johntealn30

Very nice John!!! I really like the interior shot of that Maintenance Depot!
Ralph

Thanks Ralph.

A bit more from last nights activities....

When I started the layout I was concerned that its small size and also the fact I was modelling a maintenance depot would leave the base board looking all railway no scenery. So when the raised area beyond the bridge evolved it gave a chance for some structures to be added.
The area to the extreme left of the layout beyond the terrace houses has been the latest area of attention.
The building is a Metclfe kit but drasticly "card-bashed" both tall sections, the mill and warehouse have been lowered by one floor. and the single storey section made from what was left
S7001568.jpg

The are in front is going to be a court yard / car park and walled off from the terrace back yard, leaving an alley to the terrace yards. (where the skip is)
S7001570.jpg

and her is the view from the other end
S7001569.jpg

John
RJR
I have also updated the indoor page of my website with some slideshows of the layouts construction

doctorwayne

Looks good, John. :thumb: I too like the interior shot of the shop, and the warehouse and mill both look nice, but I really like those terrace houses. They're very similar to what I've got planned for a spot on my own layout. Nice work.

Wayne

cnw1961

John, northern Europe is definitely not the place to be this so called summer, but your pictures compensate a bit for the bad weather :wave:. You created a lot of great scenes for such a small layout. The terrace houses are beautiful.

Art Decko

I love the "tromp l'oueille" work on the "far" side of the bridge! Very nicely done!

How do you like Metcalfe models?