Riverside packing house … kind of …

cnw1961

Jan 7, 2006
Germany
Tetters, that’s so nice about modeling, you can allow yourself being distracted and enjoy it! :cool: It was much easier to solder the tubes together than I expected. The smallest piece (on the end of the longest tube) was the easiest to do. I did not cut the tube completely, so that I could bend it until it had the right shape and then soldered it. To solder the other parts, I fixed one tube with adhesive tape on the benchwork and held the other in position with some pliers – and then I hoped for the best :mrgreen:. I was lucky and only the piece that goes down the front wall, had to be done a second time.

Gus, I’d be honored if anything I did, might have inspired you for your roundhouse. I know you’ll do a great job – looking forward to seeing it.

Today I finished the roof. I decided to paint it gray, because it looks more like the prototype. Now only a few details are left to do.

211207.jpg

201207.jpg

cnw1961

Jan 7, 2006
Germany
It’s done!

I added some details and I think it is finished. I may weather the roof a bit more, but I haven’t decided yet. The pics don’t show the subtle variations. I will post some more pictures of the packing plant on the WPF thread when the scene is finished. Thank you for stopping by :wave::wave:.

221207-1.jpg

221207-2.jpg

221207-3.jpg

Nazgul

Jan 22, 2006
Ohio
Kurt...
That is going to make an excellent addition to your layout:thumb:.
From begining to end, awesome job, my friend!

UP SD40-2

Apr 29, 2006
WHOLLY SMOKES KURT!:eeki::eeki::eeki: SLAP FANTASTIC JOB!!!:bravo: (as usual for YOUR work:thumb::mrgreen: ). :worship: VERY inspirational:worship:

:deano: -Deano

kirkendale

May 24, 2004
Kurt, as always a great job. Your attention to detail and willingness to take on both large and small structures is an inspiration to us all. Fantastic, looking forward to seeing your future posts.

kj