Riverossi 0-4-0

Pooh Bah
Mar 25, 2002
Brampton, Ontario, Canada
Visit site
details, details, details.

Jon:
There used to be many detailing parts made for the Dockside. You might be able to find them in a hobby shop with dusty boxes, or at a show.
One of the parts was a new cab back to convert it into a "Cab forward." That may have been one of the first gag details to be offered commercially.

Ray Marinaccio

Aug 4, 2003
Dewey Az.
Visit site
Jon,
There were a few different simplified versions, same with the deluxe.
Does your's have a metal or plastic frame?
The early ones had the plastic frame and were designated S-1. Some metal framed S-2's had headlights and railings.
I heard that Rivarrossi manufactured some of these for lionel, I'm not sure what version they were though.

Ray Marinaccio

Aug 4, 2003
Dewey Az.
Visit site
Jon,
I need to install operating front couplers on some of mine too. I installed a #27 KD on the back.
This is a scratch-built pilot on this S-1.

Attachments

• mar12003.jpg
    mar12003.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 97

Pooh Bah
Mar 25, 2002
Visit site
Jon: the customary way to add a front coupler is hack.
Try drilling and a Kadee #4 (is that still the one with the rectangular hole in the shank?) or one of the NEMs and epoxy it in. You shouldn't need any swing with that short wheelbase.

Pooh Bah
Mar 25, 2002
Visit site
Jon:
The Kadee #4 should have a large rectangular hole for the spring and a small round bit between there and the knuckle. Some people cut off the rectanglar bit and put a pin into the round bit (May have a hole already?) (This isn't good if you plan to be switching the far side of the layout.)