Rivarossi log cars

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Jan 19, 2002
Vernon Hills, Illinois
Visit site
Here's a closeup of the empty car. They come two to a package, RTR, approx. $30.00 US.
I've built the Kadee kits of this type of car. The kit cost as much(if not more) than each of these. The detail is great, the cars are cast, and need no additional weight.
Pete

Attachments

• rrossilogcar.jpg
    rrossilogcar.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 162

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Hi Pete, great looking log cars, I haven't as yet got any of the Kadee type as the price put me off. Look good yours do.
Shamus
wink.gif

Vic

Feb 1, 2002
Columbus GA
Visit site
Hi Pete, Those are "right spiffy lookin":) Very nice:) :)

If anyone would like to make some short HO log cars the cast metal frame for MDC's old time tank car makes a great 30 ft log car. They use the same frame for HO and HOn3. All you have to do is add some bunker pieces and up rights (wood or styrene) and the trucks of your choice...the bolsters, coupler pockets, rivet details and etc are already there. MDC sells the frames seperatley just for this purpose.

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Jan 19, 2002
Vernon Hills, Illinois
Visit site
do they come with Kadee couplers like shown.

Ian,
Unfortunately, no they come with Bachmann easymate couplers.
I always convert to Kadee as soon as possible.

If anyone would like to make some short HO log cars the cast metal frame for MDC's old time tank car makes a great 30 ft log car

Vic,
I have several of those frames left over from converting the tank cars to narrow gauge, boiler feedwater tanks for the shipyard. I had forgotten they were here, and will have to investigate their use as logging cars.
Pete