RIP Shamus

CCT70

Jun 25, 2003
I just read on another board that Paul Templar (aka "Shamus") lost his battle with cancer today.

Thank you Shamus for endless hours of entertainment and for all of the friendly advice. I learned a lot from the best and still continue to enjoy all of the lessons I learn him from the masters here on the best message board on the net. Join me in raising a glass to Shamus for all he's done for the hobby.

Nazgul

Jan 22, 2006
Ohio
Even though that news is not unexpected, it is no less a jolt when it finally comes.

Others knew him personally, I knew him only from his work and his posts. I will certainly miss the artist, but from those posts, we got a chance to glimpse the man, and it is he that I will miss the most. I just liked the way he reponded to people. His character and decency out-shined even his best pieces of work (and those were considerable).

My heart felt sympathy goes out to his family.
May God bless you and comfort you.

Steve

nkp174

Oct 10, 2006
Cincinnati, O.
Shamus did a magnificent job of exploiting the advantages of his modeling mediums. He is the only logging modeler whom has ever made me seriously think about logging or On30. He was a tremendous modeler.

I'm glad that he and his family had a chance to prepare. I'm thankful that he chose to spend some of his time on here and shared his work.