Ridin' the rails with my hobo friend, Wild Willy

Mar 8, 2003
eddielandreth.boche.net
Ridin' the rails with my hobo friend, Wild Willie

Here's a pic of me ridin' the rails with my hobo friend, Wild Willie. That's me on the right, playing the harmonica, while Bill gives you a wave of the hand. We're going at a pretty good clip here, so should get to our camp by nightfall.

hobos_3.jpg

penngg1

Sep 8, 2003
Newfield, NY
Visit site
box car

For a minute there, I thought that might be my grandpop, but on closer inspection that car isn't from the eighteen hundreds. All kidding aside I like the illusion of the car moving. love the photo.:p ;)

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Hi Eddie,
Nice photo. Now about this Harmonica playing, mind if I tag along and do the backing for you :D
Shamus

Mar 8, 2003
eddielandreth.boche.net
Thanks, guys.

Arlaghan - I set the ISO speed on my camera to 400 and then moved the camera with the passing train while I snapped the shot. It took about 20 pics to get one that looked halfway right.

Paul - You can ride along with us anytime you want. Always got a spot in the boxcar for you. :D

RailRon

Nov 23, 2002
Trimbach, Switzerland
It's very rare that a panned shot of a model RR appears somewhere. This one looks really fine, Eddie!

Also modeling and weathering are tops. Thanks for showing us this pic! :cool:

Ron

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
Cool pic Eddie! Reminds me of a couple of lines from the song "Big Rock Candy Mountain":

"....where the box cars all are empty and the sunshine every day...

....the brakeman have to tip their hats and the railroad bulls are blind...."

Good Rails to you and Wild Willie! Be careful out there! :)
Ralph