Ride the rails

COMBAT

Oct 28, 2006
Phoenix
:wave: I was asked to take lots of pictures when I went on my little adventure to the Grand Canyon via rail car. I took a trip on the http://thetrain.com/ and below are just some of the results. I have included the other pictures in a zip file for one, to try to minimize the load time of this page, as well as give a sample of what there is included in the zip for those that do not want to download it.

DOWNLOAD HERE: http://www.filecloud.com/files/file.php?user_file_id=392590
It's FREE!

Picture info:
The Grand Canyon Railroad travels from Willams Arizona to the Grand Canyon. There are different classes of serivce avalable for purchase. I took a picture of each class of service which is included in the zip file. I also included pictures I took at the Grand Canyon.

On my return trip from Williams to Phoenix I stopped off at Flagstaff Arizona for a few other photos. I hope you enjoy them. I enjoyed taking them! :thumb:

This is sitting at the station In Williams. They run steam and Diesel.
MVC-0011111F.JPG

No steam this trip around. Fine by me, I like the Diesel stuff anyways! :D
MVC-01112F.JPG

MVC-01115F.JPG

From the rear.:eek:ops:
MVC-00117F.JPG

Here is some other equipment I saw while riding the rails.
MVC-0110F.JPG

MVC-01113F.JPG

MVC-0115F.JPG

MVC-0114F.JPG

MVC-0111F.JPG

MVC-0120F.JPG

MVC-001115F.JPG

MVC-00111F.JPG

MVC-0211F.JPG

MVC-001111F.JPG

More to come!! More to come. :thumb: :D

COMBAT

Oct 28, 2006
Phoenix
Some pictures from the Canyon:

The Hotel from a far...
MVC-0012F.JPG

1MVC-0013F.JPG

If you look close you can see a Jack Ass trail. :D
MVC-0014F.JPG

A Uranium mine at the Grand Canyon.
MVC-00006F.JPG

MVC-00008F.JPG

MVC-00009F.JPG

MVC-00018F.JPG

MVC-0001F.JPG

MVC-0002F.JPG

MVC-0003F.JPG

MVC-0004F.JPG

MVC-0005F.JPG

MVC-0006F.JPG

MVC-0007F.JPG

MVC-0008F.JPG

MVC-0011F.JPG

A few more to post. :)

CCT70

Jun 25, 2003
Great photos. I have a client in Holbrook and almost got arrested for "insiting a riot" (I refused to pay for my dinner at some dive called "Butterfield Stage Co." when my Dad ate half of a roach in his dinner, LONG story, suffice it to say, the local cop was a piece of work and reminded me of Barney Fife's retarded cousin Otis). What a DUMP that town is. We *did* plan for a day of rest though after the job was over to visit the Grand Canyon, something him and I have always wanted to see. This was also Dad's last job with our company as I do all of the off site stuff nowadays and so we wanted to make the most of it. We wanted to ride the GCRY, but unfortunately, I was so paranoid over getting a speeding ticket (a friend of mine in Arizona gave me some advice about the state troopers, so I drove like an old man) that we *just* missed the train by about 5 minutes. Crap. Now what to do? We decided to drive to the canyon instead. On the way, we passed a banner by the airport and I flipped a quick left turn into the parking lot waking Dad up from his nap. When he woke up, he asked where we where at and what we were doing, I told him we were taking a helicopter tour. Not only was that the time of our lives, but the pilot (Russian pilot) turns out was a train buff and we got to talking while waiting to take off. We eventually found the train with *I believe* the F-40's on the point and we followed it for a bit on the way back from the Canyon. It was about a 45 minute flight and a bit pricey, but worth every penny. Hopefully, I can get a chance to go back and ride the train down there, but I will NEVER set foot in Holbrook again, it's the seventh circle of HELL.

COMBAT

Oct 28, 2006
Phoenix
LOL, well this is Williams not Holbrook! I have never been there and never plan to go.

The helio rides are the best and I never appreciated the canyon until after the flight over it!

In regards to the "state troopers" highway partrol, Department of Public Saftey, I have never has an issue with them. If the posted is 75, you can do 80 and they will for the most part leave you alone. I did 81 the whole way, never had an issue! :)

Thanks for the comments out the pics. I included pics in the download of each class of car. It was a great trip and I would do it again in the future. Not so much for the Canyon but simply for the train. :)

CCT70

Jun 25, 2003
Yeah, I think i got bum info about the Highway Patrol, I never even saw one and most drivers flew by me like I was standing still. Funny thing is the guy that gave me the info is a racer himself. sign1