Richmond, indiana rail yard plan

steveNSimes

I used a book that had a plan for the old Pennsylvania rail yard in Richmond, Indiana. Somewhere along the line I have lost the book and thus the plan. I can't remember the name of the book, I think it was a John Armstrong book. I'm hoping that someone out there can please tell me the name of that book. or where I might be able to get a copy of the plan.

A few more clues: The plan was in ho, and was basically just the yard with hidden loops representing connections. This yard was where two mains met, so for a small city it had a good sized yard. I belive it was design to go into an attic.

what I want to do is redraw it into n scale to fit my basement. The town I live in is along one the mains that ran into Richmond, but mine is now a bike path. (I did live close to the other main, now NS, for about 7 years also).

Triplex

Yes, it was an Armstrong book. 18 Tailor-Made Model Railroad Track Plans. Kalmbach Publishing, 1983.

brakie

Steve,If the yard is still there why not go and take a look at it? That way you can see it first hand and redesign that yard to fit your space..

Triplex

I don't think the yard still exists. With the Penn Central merger, Richmond became much less important to the railroad, as traffic in the area was routed over ex-NYC routes.

steveNSimes

Thank you for the info. And no the old yard is gone, about ten years ago I think the rail was still there, but un-used. I remember as a kid because there is a big park next to it and when I was a kid they had a small zoo. Now I believe that has all been taken up, as Norfolk Southern uses that line now (Cincinnati to Ft.Wayne). The line to COlumbus (and Dayton) is completly gone. And thats the one I want to model, as if it still existed but was run by NS.