revo!!!

Discussion in 'RC Offroad Forum' started by monsterrcbuilder04, Apr 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alisar70

alisar70 Member

oh ok there isnt reealy an differnce
  2. monsterrcbuilder04

monsterrcbuilder04 Active Member

nope but i think the 21 is discontinued.
  3. alisar70

alisar70 Member

oh well but id rather have the 21 tho
  4. monsterrcbuilder04

why? the 25 has more power. i like the ss
  5. alisar70

alisar70 Member

yeah but the 21 is the only 1 ive played with ive never tryed the higher versions
  6. monsterrcbuilder04

it is the same handeling but its suposed to preform better
  7. tnx

tnx Member

u guys got ur revo yet?[8)]
  8. monsterrcbuilder04

nope i dont think im getting it.instead of buying it my dad brought me to ozzfest(13 hour long concert) and he bought me a moped.im going to save up my own money for the revo.might take a while
  9. redheat

redheat Member

what is this I hear, I was expecting a report on the REVO from you Monster what gives man ,na man just kidding better to wait a little bit and let traxxas work out all the bugs before getting one , ive been checking out other sites and some people arnt that happy with the motor in other words tuning issues ,telling ya the problem is that carb. wont function correctly if dirty or worn out. RED
  10. monsterrcbuilder04

ya i was disputing getting it because of the motor but then you told me its the carb so couldn't people just go on ebay and get a different carb cheap or would others not fit? i want to see how the aftermarket goes with it.i bet it will be big like the t-maxx but i dont know how fast
  11. redheat

redheat Member

Mind you the carb. in my opinion is the weak link, I generally run about 3 gal. threw a 2.5 then tear it down put a new P/S in it, after about 1/2 gal. I'll rebuild the carb. sooner if needed and I can honestly say that my Maxxes run at peak performance on a constant level. Now as far as the Revo goes the only real difference in the motor is the mild head forwhat ever reason that is . RED
  12. monsterrcbuilder04

ya htey just want everyone to think its a new and inprooved engine.make more money that way
  13. redheat

redheat Member

Monster we need to get more activity going on here , whats it gonna take? I'm gonna try taking a pic. of one of my trucks today if it works I'll send it . RED
  14. tnx

tnx Member

traxxas is going the wrong direction i guess, HPI is i guess still the most experienced of rc builders, altho i have tamiya...its just becoz the tc was good only 2 heavy, and now the tnx has better engine and 1 kilo lighter [8D]...but i think that traxxas will get a good monstertruck after the revo, coz i like the suspension degign of the revo u cant brake ur shocks as easyly.

MzzLz Tim
  15. monsterrcbuilder04

well the thing is you i have seen people braking the grey piece that connects the rods to the shocks. they need to make some aluminum ones and if the shocks pop out of place i think you might mess a few other things up. traxxas is really just an rtr company and all the serious racers want kits and traxxas really isnt producing it.hpi offers both for prety much every vehicle. traxxas arent really race vehicles except for the maxxes. allt he rest are pretty much just back yard bashers.
  16. tnx

tnx Member

ye thats true, like i said they going the wrong way..but tamiya isnt producing ne kits either...maybe still 2 come seeing that the TNX is tamiya's second nitro car..
  17. monsterrcbuilder04

the tnx is like the only truck i like from them.i dont like the styling of the buggies and stuff but the tnx is nice
  18. tnx

tnx Member

thats why i didnt buy a savage, the way the tnx is build seems fine. i reckon it looks better, and i just like the way it drives. the tnx is like a cheetah and the savage is more like a very fast bull [:p]
  19. monsterrcbuilder04

lol.my bro wanted the savage but now he wants a maxx but im thinking he should start out with something a bit easier like a stampede or some electric. he could barely drive my buggy with a crappy motor in it
  20. tnx

tnx Member

well, the tnx is my first truck aswell...but i didnt want 2 spend money first getting into the hobby so i went out and bought a good nitro truck :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.