Reverse switch

J

John P. Masson

Help! I'm having problem installing a reverse switch, to change direction of the train in various block. Does any one out there know how this is done, and how it is wired, It's about to drive me nuts, I tried every combinations and still doesn't change a thing.

shamus

Registered Member
Hello John
Here's a quick diagram I did on the computer.
reverse.jpg

J

John P. Masson

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by shamus:
Hello John
Here's a quick diagram I did on the computer.
reverse.jpg
</font>

Shamus: I want to thank you for the diagram, now my next questions is, do I have to double insulate all the blocks on the main line. I have already installed SPST toggles for the deferent cab controlle for the blocks

J

John P. Masson

Thank you for the diagram. My next question is, do I have to double insulate all the seperate block on the main line, I have installed SPST toggles for each block to change from one Cab to the other. by just flipping the toggle to the direction of the Cab I can run train using that rheostat

shamus

Registered Member
For complete block control you need DPDT switches not SPST, every facing point needs double insulation if you are using live frogs, it this this part which creates the block for a DPDT. The reverse loop needs insulation on both tracks either end also as per the diagram.
If you still have problems, I will draw a double track track plan with a few turnouts in it and show where to insulate for the blocks, it's the turnouts themselves that govern where the blocks are, not just cutting the track here and there.

[This message has been edited by shamus (edited 03-31-2001).]

J

John P. Masson

Again, I want to thank you for your assistance. If you want I can send you a photos of the main control pannel,How can I do that. The main line is a dual track all aroung except in one area where it goes into a single track. That reverse loop is double insulated at both ends.

shamus

Registered Member
Hi John,

Just post them here for all to see. If your photo's are just on your hard-drive, then you must first upload them to a host server like www.trainorders.com
Sign up for a free 3 meg webspace, then upload your photo's to it. When that is done, it's easy enough to upload them here using the image tags []
If you have problems, post reply here.
shamus

J

John P. Masson

Shamus. I have figured out the wiring, and would you believe it works great.
the DPDT toggle, you wire one center post one to the positive and the other to the negative side of the power supply. One of the end post goes to the common rail and the other to the rheostat. You wire the SPST toggles center post to individual block on the lay out, and the right side of each SPST toggle goes to the right rheostat for Cab A, and the left side to the left rheostat for Cab B. Believe me it works, I want to thank you for all your help.
I have one questions, Do you know an e-mail address of a good company who sells wiring, I need to get SPST toggles and a rheostats. Again thank you for all your help