reverse polarity

bspun2

Mar 5, 2007
ok i've come to a spot where the polarities reverse i'm wiring for dcc what do i do?
wall1 wall1 wall1 hamr

steamhead

Apr 16, 2005
Brownsville, TX
Hi,

The section that is bridging the line and reversing the polarity should be isolated using plastic rail joiners at both ends. There should be a separate feed to this section routed through a DPDT switch wired to reverse polarity. Or you could use an automatic polarity reverser in place of the DPDT switch. This is the easiest, but also the costliest option. Your choice.

Good luck...!!!

steamhead

Apr 16, 2005
Brownsville, TX
That's correct. Also make sure that the isolated section is long enough so that a passing train, particularly one with metal wheels, doesn't bridge the gaps at both ends at the same time.

Pooh Bah
Mar 25, 2002
Brampton, Ontario, Canada
Visit site
The "black box" DCC reversing module is an electronic DPDT switch that reverses itself when it senses a short circuit. There is inteersting fun (sounds like a telegraph office) if there is a different short in the reversing section.

Tommybza

Feb 15, 2007
N W Indiana
Hi
It seems like i have a simmilay issue with polarity > I have been working it and so far so good .
This is my first attempt at a Table Ho , 4x8 sized to 10 by 6. L shape Ok learned about wiggel room , thats good ,thank you
one thing i did not think about was our fish tank ,It leaked about 3 gal. and leaked threw the floor Directly onto the table . yep ,I was thinking about foam now it the time ,Yes i do have a small question .what foam is good ? I would like to use two 1 inch peices for cutting and so on . .
tommy.

Tommybza

Feb 15, 2007
N W Indiana
Oh shure , The fish are great . the only thing is the ballist needs to be replaced ,that is fine . I just would like to use foam then go at it again . maybe move the tank to other side of the room .
Tommy .