Revell Easy Kit Pocket Serie/ Millennium Falcon

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
OK, now I have to name it: the side walls are much too high on the big Revell. The ship is smaller than the mpc but her side walls are even higher which turns it into a brick (the mpc's side walls are too high, too). But that's such a well-known fact that I am a bit surprised that you didn't know that. The smaller Revell Falcon is much better proportioned.

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
I am so happy I am oblivious to these kind of things. :)

Reactions: micahrogers

micahrogers

Moderator "Where am I, and how did I get here?"
Staff member
Jul 12, 2012
Shannon GA
I am so happy I am oblivious to these kind of things. :)

you don't suffer from APMS yet "Z"
give it a while, it'll catch on...
What Revell-Fan was referring to is the actual proportions of the different Falcon kits available. The old original MPC, AMT/Ertl Falcon was a decent kit, but the side walls were a tad to tall for the size of the Falcon. the Later Revell kit was a smaller Falcon, but the side walls were even taller than on the MPC kit. The latest Fine Molds Falcon's are the most accurate to date... but Fine Molds has lost the license and sold the molds to Revell.

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
Micah, your last post covers it all. I couldn't have said it better. :)

However, there seems to be NO ACCURATE FALCON MODEL available. Even the FineMolds one has some flaws, and now DeAgostini has started a new series called "Build the Millennium Falcon". With each issue you get some parts to make a HUGE studio-scale model. This is a GREAT idea - basically. Unfortunately (and completely understandably AND unforgivably) the model you get is NOT accurate; detail is missing, the paint job has to be redone etc. I do not get the point to spend about 2000 $ / € on a model which claims to be studio accurate and still needs a hell of rework (which requires even more money to be spent).

I guess the only way to get a close representation of one of the best documented props in movie history is to make it yourself. Like berszu did:
http://www.zealot.com/threads/model...-38-falcon-millennium-scratch-builded.178115/

:cool:

micahrogers

Moderator "Where am I, and how did I get here?"
Staff member
Jul 12, 2012
Shannon GA
I know the Fine Molds isn't perfect, but it's better than the other kits available. Some people on Facebook are doing wonders acurizing the Hasbro Hero Falcon toy....