Restoration parts availability

Discussion in 'G / O / S Scale Model Trains' started by royryder1, Feb 16, 2003.

1. royryder1

royryder1 New Member

I am a newbie to this forum and have a question or two. I have been seriously considering the restoration of several vintage train engines. My current interest is in the old cast iron AF, Ives, Hafner, ect. O gauge Clockwork (windup) engines, circa 1900 to 1920's.

Is there sources out there for replacement parts such as wheels, springs, gears, rails, ect? I have surfed the internet until I'm blurry eyed, with no luck finding a supplier.

If there is someone that could steer me in the right direction It would be greatly appreciated.
  2. Greg Elems

Greg Elems Member

Welcome to the forum royryder1. It has been 20 years since I last talked repair with anyone. I have a friend that my know of some sources of parts. I've pretty much lost contact with those people, once I got married and moved on. When I did get back into model railroading, it was scale. If you have some time, I will be happy to see what I can find. Good luck.

Greg Elems
  3. cidchase

cidchase Active Member

4. Bill in Wayne

Bill in Wayne New Member

Restoration Parts

Welcome to the Forum. For Restoration parts for your old trains try George Tebolt
    at www.georgetebolt.com.
  5. TR-Flyer

TR-Flyer Member

Hi:
    Cid's list is a good one. For Flyer, try Hobby surplus Sales, Levinton, Portlines. I run post war Flyer, don't know much about pre-war.

Regards,
    Ted