Restoration of AT&SF #3780

Ray Marinaccio

If anyone has one of these in stock form, could you please post a photo of it so I can compare them.

Also if you have any in your junk box that you will part with for a reasonable price let me know.
When I was researching photos of the prototype I saw some nice 2-10-4s that I think I can bash from a couple of these.
I would consider buying other junkers also, N or HO.

Attachments

• bachn484rhclose.jpg
    bachn484rhclose.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 88

ezdays

Out AZ way
Absolutely fantastic Ray. It would be hard to believe how this came to life without the step-by-step photos.

Impressive work...:)

Don

Benny

That is AWESOME!!!!

I wish I knew where I could get access to a shop like that and knew where I could learn the skills necessary to use those tools!

Keep up the good work.

You say your were in Prescott, and as ter eis this AZ license plate in your header, I am inclined to believe you too are an Arizonian...Which part are you from?

Benny

Corrections to my last Post

I apparently cannot edit my previous post...Because after a few minutes, I have found everything that I asked about.

I grew up in Dewey. Dewey Outback, to be exact...My father still lives there...

I love that show up there, but I haven't been able to go as there has Always been a conflict these past ten years.

I found a substitute down here in Tucson...and that is all the show I need!

Keep up the railroading.

Ben Kaur

Ray Marinaccio

Thanks Guys,
This turned out to be quite a project. More work that I bargined for but the results were worth it.

Don, when do you want to work on those locos?

Benny, We live up in Blue hills Farms at the west end of Cranberry Rd. Just a stones throw from the Prescott National Forest. Next time your up this way stop in and see us.

ezdays

Out AZ way
Originally posted by Ray Marinaccio
Don, when do you want to work on those locos?

Ray,

I've about given up of those two. I know I don't have a bunch of bucks tied up in them but it would be fun to try to make them work. I've got a motor that might fit the one, and a wheel that would fit the other, but that's just the beginning. Let's talk later this week and see if we can get together.

Thanks,

Don

ezdays

Out AZ way
Re: Corrections to my last Post

Originally posted by Benny

I found a substitute down here in Tucson...and that is all the show I need!
Ben Kaur
Ben,

Welcome to The-Gauge. There are now four of us from Arizona here that seem to be fairly regular. There is a train swap meet in Phoenix on Oct. 3rd that I plan on going to. It should be about a big as the Prescott one. If you're going to be in the area, let us know. Also, let us know when the next one is down in Tucson and maybe we can make it down there.

Don