Rest Area Module?

upguy

Oregon Western Lines, CEO
These are some pictures of a module I have been building that was first of all going to be a Boy Scout Camp; then it was looking more like a state park; and, now, it is looking more and more like a roadside rest area.

The first and second pictures show the maintanence crew picking up the garbage. Their garbage truck came from a Micro-Machines vehicle package. It happened to be a vehicle that I thought looked fairly convincing.

The third picture is a wider view of the whole module that I now call, the "Wachakalit Falls Rest Area."

This module, and several others, including the Cement Plant modules (http://www.the-gauge.com/showthread.php?t=9558&page=1&pp=15) are all going to be in the Canyon Mtn N-gineers modular display that will be part of the Great Eastern Oregon Train Fair being held September 4th at the Grant County Fairgrounds in John Day, Oregon.

Attachments

• Mvc-117s.jpg
    Mvc-117s.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 289
  • Mvc-114s.jpg
    Mvc-114s.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 281
  • Mvc-111s.jpg
    Mvc-111s.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 289

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
The garbage truck looks really close to scale!, I'd like to find one of those!
Nice scenery! :thumb: :thumb:
Pete

upguy

Thanks for the nice comments. At the risk of taking this topic for a "bird walk" (off topic comments to follow), I am always looking for cheap items in store toy departments that will pass for something in N-scale. I found these construction vehicles, also by Micro-Machines; and after touching up a bit with some paint and weathering they don't look too bad.

Attachments

• Mvc-356s.jpg
    Mvc-356s.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 205
  • Mvc-357s.jpg
    Mvc-357s.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 217
  • Mvc-358s.jpg
    Mvc-358s.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 201

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
That looks like a spot we would all like to stop at for a bite of lunch and a bit of train watching too. The rapids on the creek look great

upguy

It looks like some updated photos for the Watchakalette Falls Rest Area are needed too. The first picture shows the parking lot and a good shot of the Oregon State Police car that I custom made using an Atlas Ford Taurus. The light bar was made from a piece of clear plastic left over from another modeling project and was painted using some of my daughter's fingernail polish. I guess the trooper is getting an explanation as to why the gentleman's dog is not on a leash.

The second picture shows a wider view of this module and the Dayville module. The Dayville module was another module that I purchased from a former member of the group. I have improved the appearance of the module by painting a simple background with the town's initial on the mountain overlooking the town... a custom still practiced by some small communities in Grant County.

The third picture is a more recent picture of Dayville that I took after a few more details were added and building substitutions. Oh oh, it looks like there is a signaling malfunction. The cross arms are not down. Looks like I need to retake the picture. It seems that I always overlook something....

Attachments

• DSCN0026.jpg
    DSCN0026.jpg
    160.4 KB · Views: 9
  • 100_5512.jpg
    100_5512.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 10
  • DSCN0990.jpg
    DSCN0990.jpg
    168.4 KB · Views: 10