respirator for airbrushing

Dakota train

Mar 30, 2006
Wilton, North Dakota
That one will work for painting, if it has the charcoal filter inside of the mask, which I think it does. Most respirators with replacable prefilters do have inner charcoal filters. Outer pre-filters are to catch the paint particles, while the inner charcoal filters, filter out or absorb the fumes. Hope this helps:wave:

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Oct 31, 2002
Ottawa, Canada
Visit site
In your other thread on respirators, you said

stary said:
read my post again. You should wear a RESPIRATOR (not a mask) and use a spray booth that's vented to the outside, unless you're airbrushing outside. The proper kind of mask will run you about 20 to 30 dollars, which may seem a little expensive, but that's how much you pay for about 10 bottles of paint. It doesn't matter whether or not the booth has a "good pull".

Remember, we're talking about your health and possibly, your life.

Sorry if this sounds "preachy" but, like I said, I buried my father because of paint fumes.

Since you can't really tell from the description, and a quality respirator will only set you back $10 to $15 (about 5 bottles of paint) more than the eBay price + shipping, why not get something that you know will be right, rather than guessing?

If you do not have a source close to you, I recommend www.leevalley.com. They have two respirators at two price points that would be suitable, and their customer service will answer any questions you have. (I don't work for them, I am just a satisfied customer.)

A side note for Dakota - Lee Valley also sells a dust mask with a replaceable filter, which should not be confused with a full respirator. You can't always tell by looking.

Andrew

jim currie

Jun 29, 2003
arizona
Visit site
Andrew there is a EMSHA approved respirator that does have replacable filters they are screw in canisters that come in several different typs of usage depending on what enviorment you are in . the big draw back on them is the price if i rember the respirator and a genral filter is right at 50$:( and the canesters vary from 7$ to 25$ each depending on the type.

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Oct 31, 2002
Ottawa, Canada
Visit site
Jim,

Thanks for the info. I was just pointing out that if one did follow my link to Lee Valley, they sell a dust mask with a cartridge type filter that should not be mistaken for a full respirator.

Good point though about choosing the appropriate cartridge/cannister for the type of paint you are using.

Andrew