respirator for airbrushing

Discussion in 'Scratchin' & Bashin'' started by stary, Sep 5, 2006.

1. stary

stary Member

2. Dakota train

Dakota train Member

That one will work for painting, if it has the charcoal filter inside of the mask, which I think it does. Most respirators with replacable prefilters do have inner charcoal filters. Outer pre-filters are to catch the paint particles, while the inner charcoal filters, filter out or absorb the fumes. Hope this helps:wave:
  3. MasonJar

MasonJar It's not rocket surgery

In your other thread on respirators, you said

Since you can't really tell from the description, and a quality respirator will only set you back $10 to $15 (about 5 bottles of paint) more than the eBay price + shipping, why not get something that you know will be right, rather than guessing?

If you do not have a source close to you, I recommend www.leevalley.com. They have two respirators at two price points that would be suitable, and their customer service will answer any questions you have. (I don't work for them, I am just a satisfied customer.)

A side note for Dakota - Lee Valley also sells a dust mask with a replaceable filter, which should not be confused with a full respirator. You can't always tell by looking.

Andrew
  4. jim currie

jim currie Active Member

Andrew there is a EMSHA approved respirator that does have replacable filters they are screw in canisters that come in several different typs of usage depending on what enviorment you are in . the big draw back on them is the price if i rember the respirator and a genral filter is right at 50$:( and the canesters vary from 7$ to 25$ each depending on the type.
  5. MasonJar

MasonJar It's not rocket surgery

Jim,

Thanks for the info. I was just pointing out that if one did follow my link to Lee Valley, they sell a dust mask with a cartridge type filter that should not be mistaken for a full respirator.

Good point though about choosing the appropriate cartridge/cannister for the type of paint you are using.

Andrew