request: The Seaduck

Discussion in 'Anime, Cartoons, Figurines & Paperdolls' started by Millenniumfalsehood, Aug 23, 2007.

1. Millenniumfalsehood

Millenniumfalsehood Active Member

Anyone remember Talespin? A kid's birthday is coming up in a few months and short of scratchbuilding a model of the Duck, is there one out there that I can download? To be honest, I kind of want a model of it too; this is the show and plane that got me interested in flying in the first place(I'm working on getting a pilot's license currently), and a model would be a nice tribute.
  2. -Jim G

-Jim G Member

Seaduck found

I don't remember Talespin or Seaduck, but I was curious and I did a quick web search and look what I found: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=467293

Someone is making an RC foamy of a the Seaduck. He posted 3-view drawings in the thread. A good start toward creating a paper model:twisted:

-Jim G
  3. Millenniumfalsehood

I've got those plans now. They're really nice! I'll probably make my own foam version(though mine will be blue insulation foam for strength; it doesn't have to fly) and make a plastic version for the boy. I'll also play around with Pepakura and see if I can make a convincing model of the Duck with it.
  4. redwolf28386

redwolf28386 Member

The Seaduck looks like it would transfer to card easily! What was the biplane the Sky Pirate leader flew? I Think he was a fox.
  5. Millenniumfalsehood

The Pirates fly CT-37 biplanes, though the leader Don Carnage flies a modified version featuring an extra set of wings and weapons pods. His also features a black and red paint job. He's a Red Wolf, btw.
  6. redwolf28386

redwolf28386 Member

:thumb: Thanks! I think my son may have a Disney book with a few drawings of the airplanes from the show. I'm have him check for me, and upload them if they are there!

Red
  7. Millenniumfalsehood

No need; I've got the DVDs. They come in handy, but as with most cartoons the airplanes aren't all consistant. The plans are a nice compromise, and I can get the right color from the DVDs. I also found a few good sites that I'll be using as well.
  8. Millenniumfalsehood

Just thought i'd show some progress pics of my foam version:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]