[report] Junkers Ju 88C-6 (Military Model, 3-4/2003)

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by Swinger, Jun 17, 2004.

1. Leif Oh

Leif Oh Member

Thanks for the tip about the eraser - very nice! And, again, congratulations on the superb work & photo. Learning every time. - L.
  2. Swinger

Swinger Member

OK, now go the horizontal stabilizers. Look how many parts are needed to build them - however, they look just like the real ones. ;-) What's more, numerous and large formers make the components very stable and almost impossible to twist.

[​IMG]

The endings have I made using the rubber gum technique:

[​IMG]

The trim tab (originally not to be cut out):

[​IMG]

And this is an almost-finished stabilizer (the parts which link the rudder to the stabilizer will be added later):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  3. Leif Oh

Leif Oh Member

Beautiful! - L.
  4. barry

barry Active Member

Perfection

barry
  5. Jim Krauzlis

Jim Krauzlis Active Member

Outstanding job! :D

Flawless work on the construction, and superb photos to give us all a treat! :D Thanks!!

Cheers!

Jim
  6. jasco

jasco Member

I just found this link and, like the rest of us, I'm stunned. I threw away the Spaceship One I'm making and started another as a result of your work. It should be noted that English could be a second language for you ( I hope I am not being rude) and it is stunning, too. I know I don't speak Polish! Thanks for sharing this with the world.
  7. cmdrted

cmdrted Active Member

very simply "arcydzielo", masterpiece from a master ,bardzo dziekuje :!:
  8. yaniv

yaniv Active Member

hi ther all

firs af all the model look very empresiv :)

i just got my ju88 today with the p51 by halinsky

this 2 models are just good looking and deiteling

way wan i go to the first topics in this trad i can see the pic :(

its can be very helpful to me with the ju88 :(
  9. Swinger

Swinger Member

Hello again. :) The build slowly goes on - here come the engines:

[​IMG]

Firstly, the exhaust pipes. Unlike armour or ship modellers, aircraft builders usually haven't got much to do with "recurrent" parts (maybe that's why I mostly build aircrafts :) ). Unfortunately, there are exceptions. ;)

[​IMG]

The edges fit to one another better when they have been sanded just like that:

[​IMG]

That's how the endings were shaped (the green thing is a 1 mm wire):

[​IMG]

The formers of the engine (firstly I put the basis for the pipes, then I've added the pipes, and finally the skinplate):

[​IMG]

After covering with the skinplate (the instruments in the black circle have been cut out, glued to circle made of transparent foil and glued back to the skinplate):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

With the front part:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A little painter's mistake:

[​IMG]

I cut out a part of the blue-gray side... The lacking other side's part will be added later.

Damn... Now I've realised that the pipes will not be HARDLY visible (as I had thought), but ALMOST invisible under this cowling:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Well, these covers must have been removable, so I'll leave one engine without them. :)

Now the engines are ready (not all the edges in the engine in the rear - or in the left on the second picture - have been already painted):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

These three photos should help figure out how these parts should be put together (the assembly instruction is a little confusing here):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I had to cut out holes in the former below to make place for the air intakes:

[​IMG]
  10. Swinger

Swinger Member

Hello again. :) The build slowly goes on - here come the engines:

[​IMG]

Firstly, the exhaust pipes. Unlike armour or ship modellers, aircraft builders usually haven't got much to do with "recurrent" parts (maybe that's why I mostly build aircrafts :) ). Unfortunately, there are exceptions. ;)

[​IMG]

The edges fit to one another better when they have been sanded just like that:

[​IMG]

That's how the endings were shaped (the green thing is a 1 mm wire):

[​IMG]

The formers of the engine (firstly I put the basis for the pipes, then I've added the pipes, and finally the skinplate):

[​IMG]

After covering with the skinplate (the instruments in the black circle have been cut out, glued to circle made of transparent foil and glued back to the skinplate):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

With the front part:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A little painter's mistake:

[​IMG]

I cut out a part of the blue-gray side... The lacking other side's part will be added later.

Damn... Now I've realised that the pipes will not be HARDLY visible (as I had thought), but ALMOST invisible under this cowling:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Well, these covers must have been removable, so I'll leave one engine without them. :)

Now the engines are ready (not all the edges in the engine in the rear - or in the left on the second picture - have been already painted):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

These three photos should help figure out how these parts should be put together (the assembly instruction is a little confusing here):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I had to cut out holes in the former below to make place for the air intakes:

[​IMG]
  11. yaniv

yaniv Active Member

swinger

i not have words

your work is ******** outstending man

i have this mosdels at home for 1 year +- and i so jales your work
    u gave this paper new life

i still looking for the guts to start it :)

hoppe to see more of your pic and yore works

kip doing the killer work
  12. yaniv

yaniv Active Member

swinger

i not have words

your work is ******** outstending man

i have this mosdels at home for 1 year +- and i so jales your work
    u gave this paper new life

i still looking for the guts to start it :)

hoppe to see more of your pic and yore works

kip doing the killer work
  13. Swinger

Swinger Member

I've covered one of the wings.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Bigger not supported surfaces have been stiffened with additional layers of card.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This prevented the skin from falling down. The surface is now very smooth (photos against the light):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is the biggest wing I've ever built. The fitting and general design idea of the formers are quite ingenious! I didn't have to think about keepeing the ribs in line, because the skeleton just doesn't bend. Building wings has never been so much fun. :) Hats off to Marcin Grygiel again. :)
  14. Swinger

Swinger Member

I've covered one of the wings.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Bigger not supported surfaces have been stiffened with additional layers of card.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This prevented the skin from falling down. The surface is now very smooth (photos against the light):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is the biggest wing I've ever built. The fitting and general design idea of the formers are quite ingenious! I didn't have to think about keepeing the ribs in line, because the skeleton just doesn't bend. Building wings has never been so much fun. :) Hats off to Marcin Grygiel again. :)
  15. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Swinger.......... That is amazing! What is the span on that model?
  16. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Swinger.......... That is amazing! What is the span on that model?
  17. Swinger

Swinger Member

It will be more than 60 cm. :)

One more thing - a hint for forming the wings' leading edges. To fold a part it is good to do this:

[​IMG]

...a few times, using a tool of a smaller diameter each time. However, sometimes it doesn't help, and then it is good to soak the part at the non-printed side with a little liquid (a VERY small amount!). Water isn't good for this in my opinion, because it's too thin, but... saliva is just perfect. :D It's a lot easier to make a leading edge of a very small diameter using this method, when compared to "dry" modelling.
  18. Swinger

Swinger Member

It will be more than 60 cm. :)

One more thing - a hint for forming the wings' leading edges. To fold a part it is good to do this:

[​IMG]

...a few times, using a tool of a smaller diameter each time. However, sometimes it doesn't help, and then it is good to soak the part at the non-printed side with a little liquid (a VERY small amount!). Water isn't good for this in my opinion, because it's too thin, but... saliva is just perfect. :D It's a lot easier to make a leading edge of a very small diameter using this method, when compared to "dry" modelling.
  19. GT5500

GT5500 Member

That wing is beautiful, its better then some of my balsa models! maybe you could do a sort of tutorial on how you build the wings.
  20. GT5500

GT5500 Member

That wing is beautiful, its better then some of my balsa models! maybe you could do a sort of tutorial on how you build the wings.