[report] Fokker E.III (Kartonowy Swiat 1/04)

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by Swinger, Jun 3, 2004.

1. Swinger

Swinger Member

2. Swinger

Swinger Member

And more.
  3. Bob Ebophalus

Bob Ebophalus Member

Very nice job. Especially on the engine. I wish I was half as good as you are.
  4. Jim Krauzlis

Jim Krauzlis Active Member

Absolutely outstanding, Swinger!
    She came out so very well! :D
    The propeller surprised me when I first saw your photo before cutting the parts out, it looked opaque, but the finished product is quite convincing.
    Great job!
    Jim
  5. Swinger

Swinger Member

Yeah, when I was doing it (I mean impregnating the card with PVA glue) for the first time (with the whole model of Zero) I was a bit afraid of the effect... But it only looks terrible in the first minutes. When the glue (with water added) dries, it's not white anymore. It's a good method to make poor quality models (eg. older Maly Modelarz kits) better. :) The glossy surface is a problem, anyway. Well, not always. ;)
  6. Swinger

Swinger Member

7. barry

barry Active Member

Hi Swinger

Museum class mate

barry
  8. Leif Oh

Leif Oh Member

Magnificent, outstanding work, an inspiration to all of us. Congratulations (also on your birthday tomorrow)!

Leif Oh
  9. Jim Krauzlis

A masterpiece!! :D

Excellent work, outstanding detail and superb execution...did I leave out any superlatives? :lol:

I know I will be coming back to your photos over the next several days to enjoy this build over and over again.

Thanks for the superb photos!

Jim
  10. rkelterer

rkelterer Member

nothing else to say :)

raimund
  11. Ashrunner

Ashrunner Member

Well Swinger, since most of the other "fabulous" words have been used to describe the model, I'll say this...a very, very, very, very not bad build. Wonderful work!
  12. jrts

jrts Active Member

Hi Swinger

Another work of art, outstanding :shock:

Thanks for all the tips and ideas :D

Regards

Rob
  13. Swinger

Swinger Member

I'm so glad to hear (hear... well, khm ;) ) so many good words... Thank you Friends. :)

A small addendum (new gunsight):

[​IMG]
  14. bholderman

bholderman Member

Swinger,

What kind of wire did you use on this model and how did you attach them?

Cheers,
    Brad
  15. Swinger

Swinger Member

Hi Brad,

It is not wire, but my own hairs, painted with acrylic paint (a mix of black and silver colour). :) You can also use fishing line - if you find a good shop, you can get even 0.04 mm line (which I used eg. for the antenna wire in my Ju 88 ). Hair's diameter is a little larger. :)

To attach the lines, I used cyanoacrylate (in some places covered with a very little amount of PVA to make it look better).
  16. Swinger

Swinger Member

Well, hummm... Maybe someone would be willing to buy this particular model? It is... well... nice... ;) Got the first place (in the small scale aircrafts class) during the official Polish Cardmodel Championship in Skawina in November 2005 (and a few prizes in another contests). You can find the lacking photos here.

I need a lot of money to buy a good bicycle (almost half-priced down, but still so expensive) and I'm thinking of making one hobby support another one. ;) I wonder if there would be anyone interested...?
  17. Swinger

Swinger Member

Well, hummm... Maybe someone would be willing to buy this particular model? It is... well... nice... ;) Got the first place (in the small scale aircrafts class) during the official Polish Cardmodel Championship in Skawina in November 2005 (and a few prizes in another contests). You can find the lacking photos here.

I need a lot of money to buy a good bicycle (almost half-priced down, but still so expensive) and I'm thinking of making one hobby support another one. ;) I wonder if there would be anyone interested...?
  18. wunwinglow

wunwinglow Active Member

Swinger, I sympathise with you! I'm just selling most of my plastic kit collection to buy a bow and some arrows. Yes, wunwinglow gets distracted AGAIN!!! But I do look pretty cool in green tights, pointy boots and a feathered hat....

No, I'll not be posting any pictures. You lot will just make fun of me....

wun
  19. wunwinglow

wunwinglow Active Member

Swinger, I sympathise with you! I'm just selling most of my plastic kit collection to buy a bow and some arrows. Yes, wunwinglow gets distracted AGAIN!!! But I do look pretty cool in green tights, pointy boots and a feathered hat....

No, I'll not be posting any pictures. You lot will just make fun of me....

wun
  20. Jim Krauzlis

If anyone is looking for photos for inspiration of what is possible in this medium we call paper models, do take a good look at Swinger's photos...incredible and breath-taking!

Thank you for sharing that link, and for sharing your wonderful photos of a brilliant build!

Cheers!
    Jim