Repainting passengers

who_dat73

Jan 18, 2005
Minnesota
Hey everybody I bought some passenger cars on ebay and would like to paint them for a different line question is as I have never done this before how do I go about masking windows so as not to paint them I was thinking maby elmers then peal it away after but wondered if that would stick to well and taping them in N scale might be a real big problem they are N scale Modle Power Southern Pacific in the orange and red orange I am planning to repaint them to a BN green with a white section in the middle that is along the windows I expermented with a brush and got so so resulta so far and thinking of using my airbrush any help would be greatly apreciated
Thanks in advance
Mike

webmaster

Feb 17, 2006
Surrey, UK
www.budgetwebsiteservices.co.uk
I don't know if this will apply to these particular coaches, but I know a lot of my continental coaches used to come apart, just pull on the chassis gently. If you can separate the chassis from the body, you should find that the windows are in one clear plastic moulding, like a 4 sided box. They just fall out and are only held in place by the chassis.
I used to take mine out to clean the dust off of them.

Hope this helps.