Rename a Historical Station?????

Should the train station be renamed??

• Yes - Benjamen Franklin sounds better than 30th street

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No - everyone will keep calling it 30th street anyway...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

brakie

Nov 8, 2001
Bucyrus,Ohio
Visit site
No,the name of the station should remain the same.IMHO they had the chance to name it Benjamin Franklin Station years ago but,settled for 30th Street instead.

Russ Bellinis

Feb 13, 2003
Lakewood, Ca.
Visit site
Do you mean to tell me that after 200 years they don't have anything in Philly named after Ben Franklin? If they want to name something after Ben Franklin, put his name on the next new civic building they build. Don't rename historic places to honor him.

Pooh Bah
Mar 25, 2002
Brampton, Ontario, Canada
Visit site
They've renamed the airport outside Toronto a couple of times. I still call it Malton, but I think everyone else is split between Toronto International and Pearson.

What did this Franklin fellow have to do with railroads?

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Dec 20, 2000
South Eastern, PA
mywebpages.comcast.net
60103 said:
They've renamed the airport outside Toronto a couple of times. I still call it Malton, but I think everyone else is split between Toronto International and Pearson.

What did this Franklin fellow have to do with railroads?

Not a lot that I remember learning about, but he was a forefather of our country, Washington, Hancock, Franklin etc......

He has tons of stuff nationwide named for him, someone got the idea that "30th Street Station" wasn't a good name all of a sudden & thought it best to re-mame it. Go figure....

Of course, this will cost thousands of tax dollars deciding on wether to re-mame it or not and then the signage will have to be paid for (As mentioned in the article) then The PRR (Conrail & Amtrak) will have to re-print schedules, timetables etc. to reflect the new name and then there will have to be a Media Event/dedication ceremony .......

oh well, we'll have to see.......