Reference materials, Making of models, Permissions, etc

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
There is a big difference in designing something that has not existed, and you are it's creator, and scaling, from drawings and blueprints something that you have seen.

Do not ask for permission, and be leery of posting your reference materials. Some people think they have rights which they do not.

I am speaking of a certain person who has made demands upon me from another forum. He believes he has the right to shuttle drawings which he copied from blueprints, pictures and drawings. This kind of claim is ludicrous.

Permission is not needed, when drawings (and I have a ton of them) can be found anywhere and at NASA's website. To ask someone if you can use as reference a drawing that they copied from someone else is not proper, creates problems, and gives people a sense of "authoritative" entitlement that they do not have. American taxpayers paid for that space ship, and as such, we Americans have the right, and cannot be charged for using what we paid for. When a plastic model, or shuttle derived model is purchased, you pay for the material, the injection molds and the time that goes into making those, you do not pay for the design, under American law, that would be illegal to charge any America who has paid for this work through our taxes, of any military, or other project paid for by American taxpayers.

Now, if you're not American, well, that's another issue, and NASA can and has gone after those people for not paying royalties.

Be careful what you write down. People make fools of themselves when they make claims like this, and another model forum which is not worth mentioning loves to rip me in pieces (so they think) but I scoff at them, and their petty bickering, and constant pissing contests.

I write this post as a direct slap in the collective faces of those who disagree with this statement. I will not tolerate such behavior. Next think you know, someone will make a model of a P-51 Mustang, and think they own the rights to it. How many P-51 Mustang paper models are their? Too many.

I do not see AXM, the leader in shuttle models making such claim, and he gives away works of art.

For somebody to bitch about a 1/48th scale interior that scales up into a mess of digital blocks, at 25% enlargement is absolutely ludicrous.

This is to "Thorst".

Nobody is stealing anything from you, so stop your cry baby attitudes, you have rights to nothing, you contributed nothing in the making of the shuttle. Your statements which had been forwarded to me by moderators that I remove any reference to you make you seem a fool. I will challenge you anywhere anytime. Have the Balls and join this forum, I will then edify you as the proper way to behave. To most people I have talked to, you come off as a fool.

Join Zealot, and I guarantee you will be better for it. I may even help you correct the wrong shape of you shuttles nose, and the myriad of mistakes you have. I have 16 years in CAD, I am a Master Machinist. I have parts I personally made in the Hubble Space Telescope. I have weapons of war that I helped make which are still classified. I was working on 3D printers in 1983, when they were so secret, that nobody could even talk about them.

You are so far out of your league, I suggest you stop, now. I would gladly tear you apart for attacking ZEALOT or any members of ZEALOT.

The gloves are off from now one. Anymore of this bullshit from this forum will be taken personally by me. Those people are interlopers, they have no idea of what is going on at Zealot. it is the members of ZEALOT that are the best part of that forum and I give them credit for being the honorable people they are.

I advised them of a security leak, privately, and was chewed out by Jason publicly. His horrid management of the antiquated software they use allowed passwords to log into different accounts. It was JASONS' mistake that caused that problem, yet, for months, he had disparaging remarks about me, and all I did was let him know, out of courtesy, that he had a problem.

No more. No more. I will not tolerate any more attacks from that forum and will name the names of those people who attack me, some who don't even know me, or have interacted with me, and some, who through their self loathing, whom I have known for years, decided to become fools. I will name them and chastise them with proof. I have every email ever sent to me, and I will put them here as proof. That moderators would let bashing threads go on their shows the childish nature of many on that forum.

To Thorst, you have nothing to stand on, we never had intention of hosting anything of yours, and never did. Your model is the product of someone who has only worked in 2 dimensions, and does not understand three dimensional modeling. This forum is full of master designers and nobody here needs anything from you. Yes, ich ärgere mich, and you have no idea by how much.

ZATHROS
SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR
ZEALOT

Last edited:

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Out of courtesy:

Es gibt einen großen Unterschied etwas in der Gestaltung, die nicht existiert hat, und du bist es ist Schöpfer und Skalierung von Zeichnungen und Baupläne etwas, das Sie gesehen haben.Sie nicht um Erlaubnis fragen, und der Entsendung Ihrer Referenzmaterialien leery sein. Einige Leute denken, sie haben Rechte, die sie nicht tun.Ich spreche von einer bestimmten Person, die Anforderungen, die an mich aus einem anderen Forum gemacht hat. Er glaubt, dass er das Recht auf Shuttle-Zeichnungen hat, die er von Plänen, Bildern und Zeichnungen kopiert. Diese Art von Anspruch ist lächerlich. Die Erlaubnis ist nicht erforderlich, wenn Zeichnungen (und ich eine Tonne von ihnen haben) können überall und auf der NASA-Website. Um jemanden zu fragen, ob Sie eine Zeichnung als Referenz verwenden können, dass sie von jemand anderem kopiert ist nicht richtig, schafft Probleme, und gibt den Menschen ein Gefühl von "autoritative" Berechtigung, die sie nicht haben. Amerikanischen Steuerzahler für das Raumschiff zu zahlen, und als solche, wir Amerikaner haben das Recht, und nicht für die Verwendung von Kosten verbucht werden können, was wir bezahlt haben. Wenn ein Kunststoff-Modell, oder Shuttle abgeleitet Modell gekauft wird, Sie für das Material bezahlen, die Spritzgussformen und die Zeit, die jene in die Herstellung geht, zahlen Sie nicht für das Design, die nach amerikanischem Recht, das wäre illegal jede Amerika zu erheben wer hat für diese Arbeit durch unsere Steuern, jeder militärischen oder anderen Projekt durch die Amerikanischen Steuerzahler gezahlt. Nun, wenn Sie nicht Amerikaner sind, gut, das ist ein anderes Thema, und die NASA kann und hat für nicht zahlen Lizenzgebühren nach diesen Menschen verschwunden.Seien Sie vorsichtig, was Sie schreiben.

Die Menschen machen sich lächerlich, wenn sie Ansprüche wie diese machen, und ein anderes Modell Forum, das liebt nicht erwähnenswert ist, mich in Stücke zu reißen (so sie denken), aber ich spotten sie, und ihre kleinlichen Gezänk und ständige pissing Wettbewerbe.Ich schreibe diesen Beitrag als direkter Schlag in den kollektiven Gesichter derer, die mit dieser Aussage nicht einverstanden sind. Ich werde ein solches Verhalten nicht tolerieren. Weiter denken, Sie wissen, jemand ein Modell eines P-51 Mustang machen wird, und denken, dass sie die Rechte besitzen. Wie viele P-51 Mustang Papier-Modelle sind ihre? Zu viele.

Ich sehe AXM nicht, den Marktführer im Shuttle-Modelle solcher Anspruch machen, und er gibt Kunstwerke entfernt. Für jemanden über einen 1 / 48th Skala Innere Hündin, die u in ein Chaos von digitalen Blöcken, bei 25% Erweiterung skaliert ist absolut lächerlich.

Dies ist auf "Thorst".Niemand stiehlt etwas von Ihnen, so verhindern, dass Ihre Heulsuse Einstellungen, Sie Rechte haben nichts beigetragen Sie nichts in der Herstellung des Shuttle. Ihre Aussagen, die von Moderatoren an mich weitergeleitet worden war, tat ich jeden Hinweis entfernen Sie Sie scheinen einen Narren. Ich werde Sie jederzeit und überall herausfordern. Haben die Bälle und kommen in diesem Forum, ich werde dann erbauen Sie die richtige Art und Weise zu verhalten. Für die meisten Leute, die ich gesprochen habe, kommt man als Narr aus.Registriert Zelot, und ich garantiere Ihnen, dass es besser sein. Ich kann Ihnen auch helfen, die falsche Form korrigieren von Ihnen Shuttles Nase, und die unzähligen Fehler, die Sie haben.

Ich habe 16 Jahre im CAD, ich bin ein Meister Maschinist. Ich habe Teile ich persönlich in der Weltraumteleskop Hubble gemacht. Ich habe Kriegswaffen thart ich dazu beigetragen, dass die noch klassifiziert werden. Ich arbeitete an 3D-Drucker im Jahr 1983, wenn sie so geheim waren, dass niemand könnte sogar über sie reden. Sie sind so weit aus Ihrer Liga, empfehle ich Ihnen, jetzt zu stoppen. Ich würde Sie gerne zerreißen für dieses ZEALOT angreifen. Die Handschuhe sind weg von jetzt eins.

Ein mehr dieser Bullshit aus diesem Forum werden persönlich von mir genommen. Diese Leute sind Eindringlingen, sie haben keine Ahnung von dem, was bei Zealot vorgeht. Es sind die Mitglieder der ZEALOT, dass der beste Teil dieses Forums sind, und ich gebe ihnen Kredit die ehrliche Leute für sein sie sind. Ich riet ihnen, von einem Sicherheitsleck, privat und öffentlich wurde von JASON gekaut. Seine schrecklichen Management der veralteten Software verwenden Sie erlaubten Passwörter in verschiedenen Konten anmelden. Es war Fehler "JASON'S", die das Problem verursacht, aber seit Monaten hatte er abfällige Bemerkungen über mich, und alles, was ich ihm wusste gelassen wurde, aus Höflichkeit, dass er ein Problem hatte.

Nicht mehr. Nicht mehr. Ich werde keine weiteren Angriffen von diesem Forum tolerieren und die Namen jener Leute nennen, die mich angreifen, einige, die nicht einmal wissen, mich oder mit mir interagierten, und einige, die durch ihre selbst Abscheu, den ich kenne seit Jahren, entschied Narren zu werden. Ich werde ihnen einen Namen geben und sie strafen mit Beweis. Ich habe jede E-Mail immer zu mir geschickt, und ich werde sie hier als Beweis gestellt. Das Moderatoren lassen würde Fäden auf ihren Shows die kindliche Natur vieler auf diesem Forum gehen Bashing. Um Thorst, haben Sie nichts zu stehen, wir hatten nie die Absicht, irgendetwas von Ihnen Hosting und nie getan. Ihr Modell ist das Produkt von jemandem, der nur in zwei Dimensionen gearbeitet hat, und versteht nicht, dreidimensionale Modellierung. Dieses Forum ist voll von Meisterdesigner und niemand hier muss etwas von Ihnen.

Ja, ich ärgere mich, und Sie haben keine Ahnung, wie viel!!

ZATHROS
SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR
ZEALOT

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Be careful what you post in this thread, whoever you may be.:blueface::ass-kicking::exterminate:

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Thank you Subnuke, you are like a small voice in my head with the so many times you have supported me. This has not gone unnoticed, and I am honored yet humbled by your "Likes". :)

subnuke

Banned
A big thank you right back at you, Zathros. I really appreciate a moderator that is willing to stand up to the trolls and whiners that try to force their fantasy-land will on others. This is the only forum I feel that I can post without being trolled. I also know that I can post a build and some whiner won't cry that I am not adhering to their purist standard. I am a modeler and I build models. I apply whatever techniques and materials I want to achieve what I want. When I am done, my models are usually unique, even If I have used a kit.

As to the topic at hand, these models are artwork. They can be copyrighted, not patented. Just like any artwork, modify it and it is now new and unique. All art is inspired by other art or by something that already exists. The methods of constructing certain shapes are an example of form follows function. Most models can be modified to fit better or look better. That's how a lot of these models come to be in the first place.

If one starts with an existing model, reshapes a large number of the parts to correct errors and to possibly model a slightly different aircraft, develop all new textures, and add parts for this new creation, there is no problem. A certain Israeli modeler did just that to create a stunning jet and was criticized by trolls (on the other board) for not starting from scratch. Professionals don't start from scratch on anything, it just doesn't make sense to reinvent the wheel with every new product. I think he learned the lesson of keeping his mouth shut and to not feed the trolls.

Professional artists trace and modify. New movies are usually small modifications of other movies. New machines should have as little new ideas and parts as possible, that's what I was taught as a developer while in college working on new ground-breaking assembly machines. We take existing modeling ideas to create new ones. The less said about our inspiration the better so as to not wake up the trolls.

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Progress, past is prologue!! You have written the most concise and on the money post I have read in years!! Wow, freakin' WOW!!!

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
This is what happens to trolls here, and any if they post in this thread. :ass-kicking: