Recent Efforts

KevinC

In reading through the posts over the last couple of weeks, it's great to see so many new people coming on board. It's a hobby that can be fun, challenging and sometimes frustrating all at the same time and doesn't take a lot of knowledge or experience. I'm proof of that. I always enjoy looking to see what others are doing as well as looking for new ideas and opportunities at the same time.
At any rate, have been doing a little reading, experimenting and playing the last couple of weeks and thought I'd report on progress. My brother gave me a set of old time passenger cars for Christmas that are going to work nicely into the new layout I've been designing. Have also been learning how to weather rolling stock. I took my 4 least favorite cars and have turned them into my 4 favorite cars. They're maybe a little over done, but I'm pleased with the first attempt at it.
Have also been trying to learn how to color hydrocal rock formations. I'm gonna need a little more practice on that. Also bought myself a new GP-38 engine for Christmas. I don't think I'll have any trouble with my dear santa letter next year.
I've had the advantage of being able to try things out on my existing 12 year old layout while I work on the new one.
Will post updates as I'm able to and always welcome any ideas or suggestions you more experienced MRR's have.

Attachments

• 1st Weathering attempt A.jpg
    1st Weathering attempt A.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 79
  • 1st Weathering attempt B.jpg
    1st Weathering attempt B.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 77
  • 1st Weathering attempt C.jpg
    1st Weathering attempt C.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 78
  • 1st Weathering attempt D.jpg
    1st Weathering attempt D.jpg