RECALL - Thomas Wooden Railway Toys

TrainNut

Ditat Deus
We've got two of those. Skarloey and the Sodor Line caboose. I pulled 'em off the table and now get to figure out how to send 'em back. Thanks for the heads up.

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
"We can have them made in China!!! Save big bucks on materials and labor!!!"

"Lead Paint?...I thought that was outlawed"

Yeah...Lets send more American jobs to China....

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
I could be expressing my ignorance here but I thought Thomas the Tank Engine stuff was made in Britain?

Invented - Yes...

Manufactured - No... at least not for a very long time.

Andrew

Jac's Lines

Thanks for the heads up on this. We had a couple of the offending pieces in my 3 year old's toybox, mostly uneaten. You would think that with so much media coverage on lead exposure over the past decade that any company that makes toys would check, double check, and then triple check their product before sending it out to consumers. But I guess that would interfere with the profit margin...:curse:

I also like how the recall doesn't indicate any procedure for recouping your postage when you return the product for a replacement. Just a "complimentary gift" -- and given the track record, I wouldn't be surprised to find a "special arsenic addition" Toppem Hat as the free gift.

Pooh Bah
Several decades ago a lady I knew was doing pottery and gazing. She found someone advertising "lead-free" red glazes which were generally felt to be impossible. She asked for the formula, and found Plumbic oxide and Plumbous oxide in the. The person selling the glazes was unaware that the Plumb meant lead,

myltlpny

Thanks for the heads-up. I checked my daughter's stash and we don't seem to have any of the offending pieces. You would think at this point in history they would have just done away with lead paint.

CRed

Thanks for the heads-up. I checked my daughter's stash and we don't seem to have any of the offending pieces. You would think at this point in history they would have just done away with lead paint.

Yeah I don't quite understand that either,the dangers of lead paint has been known for years and there has been strict laws against using it for quite a while.My son has a bunch of them,most of them came with the VHS tapes that included them as an extra.I hope they're O.K.

Chris

myltlpny

Yeah I don't quite understand that either,the dangers of lead paint has been known for years and there has been strict laws against using it for quite a while.My son has a bunch of them,most of them came with the VHS tapes that included them as an extra.I hope they're O.K.

Chris
My Wife's a teacher and a couple of years ago she had to throw away all the crayons in her class because of lead. I think we ended up spending something like $60 getting new crayons for her classroom.

Go Big1

Guess I will have to dig through the train table tonight when I get home. Just looking at the list, I am sure we have a James and Tender as well as a Skarlooey. We might have the water tanker truck as well.

Pooh Bah
Another item: someone found counterfeit Colgate's toothpaste in a dollar store; there were spelling mistakes in the fine print and the toothpaste may contain anti-freeze.