I have had a pair of Riverossi 3 truck Heislers in service on my RR for many years. I have a large fleet of logging locomotives, and the Riverossi Heisler is oversized to fit the motor that was available years ago when the design was developed. Never the less, it was the only non Brass option for a logging locomotive, looked reasonably good, with the exception of it's size, which was slightly large as compared to the largest Heislers, and Humongous compared to the average Heisler. They had a good running robust mechanism, that operated without much need for maintenance and repair, and the heavy locomotives pulled very well due to thier weight and gearing. I ran my two primarilay in MOW servive, running my track cleaning train, The two heislers were the only locomotives that could get my heavy track cleaning train up my old mountain grades (I'm rebuilding, and the 8.5% grades are gone. I had tried to run the heislers at the club on the DCC system.s 00 adress, but the massive old motors drew so much current they would trip the system's circuit breaker if they got within two feet of the DCC system. elsewhere, the voltage drop from the wires and the tracks was enough to lessen the draw to something that could get past the circuit breakers. I replaced the motor in one unit with a gear reduction motor, and installed a Digitrax decoder. It was too slow for any kind of use on DCC, with the decoder removed, and wired back for DC, it was still slow, but not painfully slow, so that unit is, at least for now remaining on DC for my home RR. I dissasembled the other unit, and have started to rebuild it for DCC. I replaced the motor with a can motor salvaged from a GM truck powered outside rear view mirror. I have several other identical motors salvaged in my previous life as a GM Automotive Tech; so if I decide later to convert the second 3 truck heisler, I have a matching motor on hand. The shaft of the original Riverossi motor is silghtly larger than the shaft of the GM motor, so the spur gear is not a press fit on the new shaft. I stripped the insulation off of a short piece of multi strand wire, and wrapped a couple two or three strands over the end of the shaft in different orentations, and then pressed the spur gear on the shaft. the tiny strands of copper wire deform some, and if spread out eavenly allow the gear to be pressed on the smaller shaft. I glued the motor in place on the frame using some leach 2-26, silicone bathtub caulk is usually preferred, but mine had hardened, and I was in a hurry. I chose a Sound trax light steam mini Tsunami sound decoder, and a sound trax 810112 oval speaker. there is no room for a larger speaker. I had to grind some of the fuel bunker mounting post off the frame it get room to mount this speaker. Running on DC these locomotives performed pretty well, and I had always thought they picked up electricity off one side of the tender truck. while looking at the mechanism would make one think so, my multimeter tols me that there was minimal conductivity from the frame of the tender to the frame of the locomotive; so I added a wire to connect the locomotive frame and the tender frame together . I also made some electrical pickups for the insulated side of the tender truck. the mechanism doesn't pivot under the tender truck, so I just added a PC board strip to the botom of the tender frame, and soldered some phosphor bronze wire (from Micro-mark) to the pc board. I also soldered on a wire to carry power up into the tender from the insulated side . In my next installment I will decribe how I made electrical pick ups for the insulated side of the front and middle trucks (which swivel) to get good electical pick up off of all 12 wheels, a significant improvement over the four wheel pick up it went into the shops with. I will also discuss my new approach for decoder wire attachments.