Reason for my absence - Rick Nicholson

rsn48

Feb 27, 2003
North Vancouver, BC, Canada
Visit site
I tried to post in trainboard but it had a bandwidth problem so I am posting here. I was called away on what appeared to be an informal medical problem for my mother on Vancouver Island. Unfortunately it was very critical and led to her death on the 13th of July in Nanaimo Regional Hospital. Because I have been staying in her place, my access to the internet has been zero and the local library won't allow me to use their system (I'm not a member).

In the midst of this crisis, my own computer permanently crashed and I have just purchased a new one. I have been bouncing back and forth between the mainland and the island, but today is the first day I have had internet access in over 6 weeks.

I am heading back to the island in about half an hour so I won't see the responses to this thread for about two weeks, but I do know that some have been wondering where I have disappeared too. I will be back, but probably not until early September.

Cheers.
Rick

K.V.Div

May 10, 2001
Shawnigan Lake, B.C. Canada
Visit site
Having lost my own mother to cancer three years ago, I understand your loss Rick :(
I offer my deepest condolences and prayers to you and all those close to you and I hope that you all are granted the strength to weather this time of loss.
Take Care.

Terry

rsn48

Feb 27, 2003
North Vancouver, BC, Canada
Visit site
Thanks for your thoughts folks. I back for a week or so before I run "in the dark" some more (no internet) so maybe I'll try to talk to some of you on chat in the next couple of nights. I have a new computer so maybe I won't get the boot!!!!