Really cool looking locomotive

Chessie6459

Gauge Oldtimer
I emailed the webmaster of a website i found the photo of xPC6117 at and i got permission to use the photo. I know that alot of you will really enjoy this. This locomotive has Three i say again Three Logo's on it. They are PRR, PC, & CR. Credit is given to Brian Thompson who took the photo as well. Here is the photo.

Attachments

• xpc6117ef.jpg
    xpc6117ef.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 398

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
What I really like about that last one Matthew is the way it validates what I did! :) Both of the Keystone logos remain intact as is the orginal Pennsey numbering. Cool! Thing about the pic that made me smile was that one could do a complete botch up job putting PC logos on a Pennsylvania unit, partially scrub them off, and still end up with a convincing model of a prototype! :) :) :)
Thanks for posting these pics!
Ralph

Chessie6459

Gauge Oldtimer
What I really like about that last one Matthew is the way it validates what I did! Both of the Keystone logos remain intact as is the orginal Pennsey numbering. Cool! Thing about the pic that made me smile was that one could do a complete botch up job putting PC logos on a Pennsylvania unit, partially scrub them off, and still end up with a convincing model of a prototype! Thanks for posting these pics! Ralph

Your welcome Ralph, I knew you would like these. :wave: :wave: :wave:

NS/PCfan

Jul 8, 2004
Houghton Lake, MI
Boy that is unusual to see an SD45 with three logos. I guess they never got around to repaint it in that time period. But the engine looks like its not being used at that time the way it looks in the picture.

Long live the fallen flags!!!!!!!

Chessie6459

Gauge Oldtimer
NS/PCfan said:
Boy that is unusual to see an SD45 with three logos. I guess they never got around to repaint it in that time period. But the engine looks like its not being used at that time the way it looks in the picture.

Long live the fallen flags!!!!!!!

Yes that is unusual to see that. If i remember correctly that engine was sitting in the scrap line at one of the yards.

shaygetz

May 2, 2003
www.freewebs.com
bangor boy said:
stupid question
does it have multiple logos because it was never repaintedor was it leased 3 times and the company never took of its logo

i told you it was a stupid question

Not a stupid question :)

By looking at the paint and knowing something of the history of the railroads involved, one can see;

1. The original Brunswick Green (so dark that it is acceptable to paint a model black) of the Pennsylvania R.R. with its classic "Keystone" logo is seen.

2. The next railroad, the Penn Central and its classic "wrestling worms" logo, probably just painted over enough of the Pennsy's logo to send it back out quickly, a job that quickly faded as...

3. Conrail had its hour with her, covering the previous two logos with a cheap, fast and dirty spray over. Time and the elements reduced the shoddy work in short order, thus leaving us with a paint job that tells everthing. :thumb: