REAL Model Railroader?

Vic

Originally posted by sumpter250
And I suppose a reel model railroader is one who was caught in the act with a movie camera?

Hey Pete....Only if it's Super 8 MM:D :D :D :D :D

marty w.

Originally posted by jon-monon
I'll have you know, this forum likes me: each and everytime I post, it splashes a message up on my screen, thankng me for posting. :D :D :D
Hey!!! That's my line!!!
I tell that to the wife whenever she gets on me to get off this computer.
Your Nuts!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Thanks Jon needed a good laugh today.
Marty

jon-monon

Originally posted by sumpter250
Is the Norfolk Southern"s employee of the month a real "model" railroader?

In my judgement, which only gets me into trouble once or twice a day, it would depend on two factors:

1. Was he awarded employee of the month based on merrit (i.e. is he a model employee, model citizen, and railroader)? Or was it based on random selectiopn, or even more typically, kissing up.

2. Is the Norfolk Southern"s employee of the month a "person" made of plastic, plaster, wood, or other non-living material, or even electronic imagery who is posed to look like a real person who was awarded the Norfolk Southern"s employee of the month? (redrum redrum redrum)

Drew1125

Originally posted by YakkoWarner
This strikes me as an extension of the "prototype vs. freelance" debates of my younger days...

There's also the old debate between "operations" vs. "just running trains"...or scratchbuilt vs. out-of-the-box...HO vs. N...toy trains vs. scale models...etc, etc, etc...

There have always been many factions within the hobby, but I think for the most part, we are all accepting of each other. I think this forum is a shining example of that.
I guess my primary interest in model railroading is to create scenes in miniature, that exude some degree of realism. There are other peoiple who like just running trains, or operating a layout just like a particular prototype. Still others who colloect toy trains, or oythers who like wiring, & electronic projects, or building freight cars, or locomotives.
While all these people have different interests, skills, & abilities that myself, I feel a kinship with them, & have no trouble understanding why they do what they do.

p.s. Isn't "real model railroader" actually a contradiction in terms? :D

jon-monon

Originally posted by Charlie

p.s. Isn't "real model railroader" actually a contradiction in terms? :D

You hit it! You solved the puzzle. There IS no real model railroader! Now in the words of Rodney King, "Can't we all just get along?" I think he said that after he got beat up, but before he got/blew the money :D :D :D