Re-Writing Railroad History

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
Jun 18, 2002
Torrington, Ct.
According to a program on the History Channel, it wasn't the Donner family themselves, that were the cannibals, but some members of the party.
Its even reported that one of them opened a resturant in San Fransisco.(Where's the spell check?)

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
eightyeightfan1 said:
According to a program on the History Channel, it wasn't the Donner family themselves, that were the cannibals, but some members of the party.
Its even reported that one of them opened a resturant in San Fransisco.(Where's the spell check?)
Uh, I don't want to ask the obvious, but I wonder what the "special of the day" was?sign1 sign1 sign1 sign1

And fear not, two of the words I may never spell correctly without a spell checker are, "restaurant" and "Wendsday". :eek:ops: :eek:ops: Sometimes I spell them so badly that even a spell checker doesn't know what I'm talking about. :D :D :D :D

jim currie

Jun 29, 2003
arizona
Visit site
the area where the Donner party spent the winter had been inhabited before and after them but if we want to talk cannibalism lets talk about Alferd Packer there isn't any doubt about him.:)

RailRon

Nov 23, 2002
Trimbach, Switzerland
The Donner party went over the pass (or tried to) in the winter of 1846/47 and was stuck in the snow, while the Central Pacific RR line built was built in the mid-1860s.

However history repeats itself: At January 13th 1952 the 'City of San Francisco' train of the UP was stuck in the snow, too. Fortunately the train was dug out after 3 days - and nobody was killed, this time.

Ron