Re: UHU02's Library

Discussion in 'Site News & Announcements' started by zathros, Jul 22, 2018.

1. zathros

zathros -----SENIOR---- Administrator Moderator

It seems UHU02 has elected to remove his Library. The models that were in the Library are now available on the left side of his website. Many are not available, and there weren't available in the Library either. This comes as a relief, as I believe, other than trolling, there should be no reason whatsoever that our forum should be bothered about getting models from UHU02. He has always generously made them available, and for quite a long period.

Zealot continues, and apparently, now with a little less effort. UHU02 is entitled to do whatever he wishes with his website. When anyone releases a model freely, it is cast to the wind, and once the Genie is out of the bottle, you lose control of it.

UHU's library password was posted out in the open, and always was. There was never any reason for anyone to ask, some people just could not see what was right in front of them. That was always on them.
  2. Cybergrinder

Cybergrinder Member Extraordinaire

I suspect he was getting fed up of the trolling as well! (and possibly running out of server space ;))
  3. mikew

mikew Member

I was always impressed by his model designs, although I lack the skills (and unfortunately, now probably the eyesight) to craft models to match the quality of the underlying kits. Additionally, I apparently also lost or never had in the first place the deductive skills that I imagined I had, since I was never able to figure out his password despite the references in the appreciation thread. Now that his models are openly released, I can now see those models that I will never be able to adequately construct...

Mike
  4. zathros

You download all the models you can (you could have asked me for the passwords, I never denied any established member), you can only increase your ability by trying. The models that are in the open are the same ones that were in the Library. He just eliminated the passwords, but many of those models have not been available for years.

Bad eyesight is another issue altogether. My heart goes out to you. :)
  5. micahrogers

micahrogers ...And the Wife...

Now if I could just remember his web address...
  6. zathros

7. beuch

beuch New Member

GGGRRRR the link for the viper mk2 is not open ........ good another time can be!
  8. zathros

That model has not been available for some time, it wasn't in the "Library" either, but was available for Months, no passwords needed either!!!
  9. Gixergs

Gixergs Well-Known Member

I started on the Argo UHU02 designed as he dedicate it to my father but got a bit to emotional for me, must try again sometime. I hope he continues with the amazing designs I actually miss writing up the progress of his designs but I'm sure they are reported on now with less rambling.
    Revell-Fan likes this.
  10. zathros

I imagine everything regarding UHU will remain the same. I think it was smart to close the "Library", seeing how most of those models weren't available anyways. People ave to grab them when they can. Revelle-Fan has been doing a great job picking up where you left off.

I just closed the UHU Appreciation Thread, as it really served no purpose anymore.

UHU can be most appreciated by people building his models, posting the build threads for others to reference and enjoy vicariously. I think UHU will be continuing his art for a long time. :)

p.s. Nice to hear from you @Gixergs :)
    lyter1958 likes this.
  11. Gixergs

dragon.JPG Thanks Zath, unfortunately my free time I thought I got wasn't as free as I hoped so everything on the model front ground to a halt. Hopefully I'll get things sorted and get back to the Eagle and of course finish Old Lefty here as well.
    Cybergrinder and Revell-Fan like this.
  12. Revell-Fan

Revell-Fan Co-Administrator Administrator Moderator

@Gixergs : Gix, this is a fantastic looking dragon! WOW! And yes, it's so good to see you and know that you are still around, old friend. :):Drinks::Drinks::Drinks:
  13. zathros

Very nice Dragon. A light coat of paint would do wonders, and you could paint thee eyes some mystical color. Dragons make cool models. ;)
  14. Rhaven Blaack

Rhaven Blaack ADMINISTRATOR Administrator Moderator

@Gixergs That is a beautiful dragon. Where did you get it? I may have to build this for my fiance.
  15. Gixergs

it's Drogon from Game of Thrones. The model is by Claudio Dias and can be found along with many other wonderful models on his site
    http://paperinside.com/
    Revell-Fan and Rhaven Blaack like this.
  16. Rhaven Blaack

Rhaven Blaack ADMINISTRATOR Administrator Moderator

Thank you very much! I think that when I get a few other projects finished, I will surprise my fiance with it.