Rare and Obscure Decals

Agatheron

Nov 8, 2003
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Visit site
One disadvantage I find at the moment is locating both locomotives and rolling stock that are consistent with the markings that I see around the places where I live. Locomotives are coming, I have both a CN SD40-2 under my belt, as well as the new Via P42DC...

However, one label I've seen on a number of Canadian 23,000 gallon tank cars and covered hopers is "Procor" which is quite rare, even in HO. Any suggestions? Even Microscale Decals doesn't have Procor... :(

It's not hugely important, as black tanker cars are not all that rare. Compromise is the watchword for the moment...

Tyson Rayles

Sep 25, 2001
Poverty Acres, North Carolina
Visit site
Use white decal paper and outline it in black (or whatever the color of the car or loco is). Btw way you can scan the car or loco into the puter if you need to do a color match. Micro mark sells a treatment to put on the decal paper if you use a inkjet instead of a laser printer. I use both but I don't use the treatment, however the inkjet decal are more fragile if you don't use it so you have to be careful handling them. Once they are applied to the car and have cured you can spray a couple of coats of Dull-Cote on em' and they are then bullet proof.

txcavgr

Jan 20, 2003
auburn, ME - SLR mile 29.34
Visit site
Jim at highball graphics has some. he only has one N scale set at the moment, for doing the Procor LPG cars which I am dying for in N!!!

http://www.mgdecals.com/FN-135.htm so that will give you the Procor logo.

Jim will also resize sets for you, email him. He has a bunch of HO Procor sets. http://www.mgdecals.com/procor.htm

He does really nice work. All of the St. Lawrence & Atlantic decals I have are from him, and he has oddball stuff like M420's and tons of shortline cars.

Agatheron

Nov 8, 2003
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Visit site
Thanks to all on all counts! Procor Decals! Excellent... Now to get cars to put them on...

Speaking of rolling stock, any preferences as to what is good and what to stay away from brand-wise? I was looking at Budd passenger cars for Via, Model Power and Con-Cor being the two I saw... I'm currently favouring the Con-cor by far... Although I have a line on some HEP-2 N-Scale Via decals... :)