rainy day project #1

belg

Apr 28, 2001
New Jersey USA
Visit site
Here's a structure I'm in the process of scratchbuilding.It's just in the beginning stages but I'm pretty happy with the progress.You guys will let me know I'm sure.

Attachments

• pict0041.jpg
    pict0041.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 384

belg

Apr 28, 2001
New Jersey USA
Visit site
type

I'm probably going to use this as a machine works which it is patterned after.It will be situated next to my stream and am toying with the idea of a waterwheel,but still a good way of.

belg

Apr 28, 2001
New Jersey USA
Visit site
update

Hey guys thank you for all the incouraging words.

Yes, Jimmy the bug has bitten me.I hope that all the time spent sitting on the fence will be worth it,I've read and looked at as many samples that I could get my hands on.

Lighthorseman, as for the size I have all the small structures I could use so now I need to fill in specific areas.

Robin you told me you use acrylic paint but do you hand paint or do you airbrush? I want to break up the big expanses with something any ideas? the wood siding idea will have to wait for the next structure as it is to hard to match the window openings now that all is glued together.

Attachments

• pict0041b.jpg
    pict0041b.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 281

belg

Apr 28, 2001
New Jersey USA
Visit site
rear view

Although it was a rainy weekend it seems like not too many folks did much this weekend? Or maybe just not enough time to post as everybody's busy working.

Attachments

• pict0042b.jpg
    pict0042b.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 272

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Dec 28, 2000
Georgetown, Ontario,Canada
A great looking roof belg. The structure is sure coming along nicely. I use brushes to paint my structures . I do have an airbrush but my compressor isn't hooked up at the moment but prefer brushes as I usually have two or three colours going and just mix and blend to get it looking like it has weathered. Some of these old structures had advertising posters that you could put in the open spaces. Beer and tobbaco ads were seen everwhere as was coke.