Railroad Line Refugees Say Hello

tomfassett

Oct 15, 2002
Chandler, AZ
www.trainweb.org
Originally posted by Wolv33
OMG!!!

I live near California, about 13 miles from Jeff City...
Later.

Um, Wolv, I don't want to be negative here, but I live near California and it ain't nowhere NEAR Jefferson City... What the heck kind of gauge you using? Does your reference map have Pluto listed on it, by chance?:D
Man, you gotta' get something with finer detail... Have you tries a USGS Quad map? Things look farther apart on those...:p

Tom

PS: I missed something here... What the heck are you talking about with this "gauge" rolling stock and numbers? You KNOW you have to talk slow or I miss things...;)

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
This is great. So far I have found many of my old RR-Line buddies, a bunch of Pennsylvanians even one not far from me, and someone who also likes the Penn Central.

Ralph, I grew up with Penn Central. I don’t remember seeing a GG-1 in Pennsy colors. One of my first train memories from when I was about five or six I was going into Philadelphia and we were waiting for the train at Crum Lynne when two black GG-1’s in Penn Central scheme can roaring up one track (the track next to the platform) pulling the Tropicana Orange Juice train. Scared the hell out of me but what an introduction.

Also that was great picture. I too would like to hear how you made those tanks.

I have one PC loco and need to get a few more. My one Athearn U33C looks cool pulling my daughters pink covered hoppers. We have 8 built, a couple waiting to be built, and looking for more.

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
Tom...and Tom! :) The cement cilos were formally bottles of Renu contact lens cleaning solution that I spray painted grey. Their shape inspired the project so I started saving them over several months. Good thing too since the company changed its packaging to completely unsuitable bottles shortly after I built the cement plant!

TomPM, I really envy your view of the GG-1s! There's a memory to keep!

Tomfassett, I've been to Chandler visiting the parents of friends one winter to escape the MN snows. Swimming under palm trees in January.....ahhhhhhhhhh. For a better appreciation of what we Northern folk go through see Lighthorseman's thread titled "Woke up Sunday...Egad!" :)
Ralph

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
Here is my Penn Central U33C with some help from a Reading SD45 pulling the infamous pink hoppers. The PC box car and gondola are on the siding because I had just finished weathering them. I did not stage this photo tonight. It was posted on RR-Line a while back.

Attachments

• pc_pink.jpg
    pc_pink.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 73

Wolv33

Aug 30, 2002
Smalltown, MO
Visit site
Ohhhhhkkkkayyyyyy comedian!

:D :D

California, MO, Tom. It is about 13 miles from the capital city-Jefferson City, MO.

Sheesh. :)

Now, about this "The Gauge"...check out two posts also in this forum area-General Talk.

One is The Gauge Railway, and the other is Member's numbers.

That should explain the whole thing....

It's about the members of this forum (you and I included) making up our own rolling stock and using car reporting marks for this forum and our own member numbers, and putting these cars in our model roster.

Those posts will explain it better than I can.

So, when is Leno gonna have you on? I am dying to see you crash and burn at the hands of a live audience.

:p ;) :p ;) :D :D

Later.

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
Rich Don’t you remember the early days of Conrail? When the only rule was to find any locomotive that would start and stick ‘em on a train.:D

The Reading loco would be a lot dirtier if I could work up the nerve to weather a locomotive. I still have not done one yet. The Penn Central unit I picked up used on Ebay (this will drive Tom Fassset nuts:D :p ) for $10.00.

rich maiorano

Apr 27, 2002
levittown pa
grew up down the street fromm the reading port richmond coal yard in philly them PC then conrail not much of a yard now and the car tipper is long gone wish that was around would love model it:eek: :mad: :D ;) :p :cool: rich

tomfassett

Oct 15, 2002
Chandler, AZ
www.trainweb.org
Originally posted by Wolv33
Tom,

................................................................ROFLMAO!!!!!

Later.

Roflmao? Wasn't he the brother of the Late Chinese leader?

Hey Wolv, if you see this, the emails I am sending you are cc'ing back to all my other email adresses OK. Sure the problem ain't at your end, O great and (network) overly knowledgeable one...? I don't know what's up, man! I'm not allowed to mess with the settings in Outlook. Many of my friends had the state make some sort of statute or something the last time I did. Tain't nothing changed as far as the one's I emailed responded. your emails are coming through to me OK...

Tom

Wolv33

Aug 30, 2002
Smalltown, MO
Visit site
TomF,

It fixed itself I guess. I got your last email just fine-the forwarded one. I dunno, but I can send ya the blank messages with no headers and all of that. The ONLY way I could tell who sent it to me, is that I looked it up in the logfiles and used the tracert tool to get the IP back...plus your headers have a return to sender email and domain.

It looks fixed for now. As a precaution, I checked both my POP3 and SMTP server settings and each is fine.

Later.

tomfassett

Oct 15, 2002
Chandler, AZ
www.trainweb.org
Remember that T&P spy van out in front of my house I was talking about a few weeks ago? Has anyone seen or heard from David in the past day or so? I'm on to him... He's messing with my wireless network, I just know it...:D
Of course, maybe I should take it out of the box and turn it on, then it wouldn't be so hard for him to mess with it...:D

Tom

PS: Shouldn't you be in bed, young man...:rolleyes: :p

Wolv33

Aug 30, 2002
Smalltown, MO
Visit site
Ooops! I guess I conveniently left out that I was a vampire!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :p :p :p :p :p :p

I never sleep! Well, I might crash after I get home from work sometime around 5pm or so for a couple hours, but then I am up again and moving. LOL!

Nighty night Tom.

Later.

John Sneed

Nov 15, 2001
Columbia, Mo
Visit site
Wolve
I thought you may be from around Tipton or that area.As far as the layout goes,I'am like you.I have the road bed down,but no track.We'll have to go to Rolla and run Bob Collins.He has aeat looking layout,but he hasn't posted lately.He was in Turkey,so maybe he'll get busy and do important things,like working on his railroad.

John

Wolv33

Aug 30, 2002
Smalltown, MO
Visit site
Morning John,

Still night for me...as I said earlier, I never sleep. LOL!

Hey, I forgot about Bob. Prob cause he hasn't posted here or at RR-Line in a while.

Heck John, I don't even have the benchwork yet. I am still waiting on the house. We had one picked out right on the UP's Sedalia sub in California, but haven't heard on it yet. The basement was supposed to be longer than the length of my MWDLRR plan, and wider than it, so it would work perfectly!

Then the plus of being RIGHT NEXT to the tracks...plenty of photo opportunities without looking like some crazy train-depraved person snapping pics! LOL!!

Though I would rather snap pumpkins and coal haulers than Armor yellow monsters.

Anyhow, it is nice to finally find people around here with this interest. All of the LHSes around here are predominantly R/C. The Mid-Mo Hobby Shop that I go to often for parts and things I really need, has next to nothing for trains, and he really doesn't know anything about them, so when I ask a question, I am beating a dead horse.

I REALLY want to get up to Sedalia and see that layout they have. It is supposed to have a working humpyard on it. I can never reach anyone though. I have tried the NMRA directory-their address was defunct. I tried the WGH site, and they were listed there as someone you could email for help. I tried that address and got a bounce too. Getting ready to give up.

Later.

John Sneed

Nov 15, 2001
Columbia, Mo
Visit site
railroad lin refugees say hello

Wolve
Have you looked into the JC club?I understand they have one but know nothing about it. I went to the one here,but they don't have a layout and there meetings are just looking at tapes of railroading.I've only been to one,but there is another one Friday. They meet at Hobby Town USA in the back I'll give it a few more months and see if thats all it is.
John