Railroad Line Forums

jon-monon

Aug 15, 2002
Cobblers Knob, IN
www.2guyzandsumtrains.com
Originally posted by rockislandmike
Have been closed.

If anyone knows Joe, let him know I think he did an excellent job of trying to keep the idiots from taking over. There's only so much one guy can do, though.

Other'n that dern Paulsen rascal, this forum seems to be at least 95% idiot free. Hey, my computer keeps giving me an I - D - 1 - 0 - T error!

Wolv33

Aug 30, 2002
Smalltown, MO
Visit site
John,

Joe closed the forum because of all the babyfighting that was going on in the last couple of days.

I do not happen to see the point here though. Anywhere you go, you are going to have this kind of conflict. It is human nature.

Why punish the rest of us, who were NOT a party to this behavior?

I emailed Joe, and I hope he will shed some light as to the fate of RR-Line.

Later.

Harley

Sep 3, 2002
TEXAS
Visit site
Hi Mike ,wolv, Tom, and everyone,
I, also, would like to know what is going on with the lines. I just got to be a moderator last week and now it's gone, again. Good to see familar names.
David

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
David
Good to hear from you. Is Debbie here also?
I was worried with RR-LIne down or gone that I would lose contact with some of the fine people I met and conversed with.

I posted a topic here for RR-Line Refugees to say hello at to see who else is over here.

C

Catt

I too have emailed Joe. Don't know if I'll get a reply but will let everybody know if I do.

Might I suggest that those of you who were going to email Joe that you do so anyway and show him your support is REAL!

msh

Jul 2, 2002
Charlotte, NC
www.moctezuma-us.com
Hi all - I actually did receive a reply from Joe when I asked what happened. To paraphrase, he shut the forum down a few months back due to a few moderators duking it out over petty squabbles. He had hoped to give everyone a chance to calm down. For a while his plan was successful, however today he shut it down for the same reason all over again. Oh, he added it will be down for good this time and that's how it stands.

I'm disappointed and will miss the forum and all the valuable information it contained, but I most certainly understand why he's taken this road. His time is no less valuable than anyone else's and I can bet he felt it was being wasted on the tomfoolery.

While I am pleased to see some of the RR-Line gang here, I know from experience THIS forum has never shown such behavior. The regulars here are helpful, kind and generous. Perhaps we can all learn from this and concentrate on the reason the forum is here - the trains.

Hummingbird

Sep 4, 2002
North Texas
Visit site
Tom,

I BRUNG THE JUG! And thanks for asking about me! I've been here off and on for a while now.

I, too, will miss the RR-L's. Joe did return my e-mail and he was very kind. What's happened has happened and it's a real shame. I have made alot of friends there, some of whom I've got to meet in person. Most folks are the same in the flesh, as they are on-line.
I know alot of folks here as well and I look forward to sharing the world's greatest hobby.
(Let me know whenever you decide to cater birthday parties...:D )

Happy Railroading...pass it on!
:p Debbie

C

Catt

This is what I sent Joe

Joe,what the hell is going on here? Are you gonna let that slimey little
b**tard win?Or have you already let him win?

Johnathan

Got this back from Joe,

Johnathan,
I again apologize for taking the forum down however I think it will be
for good... I temporarily downed the forum a few months ago and things
cooled off for awhile but it seems that the troublesome members just
keep coming back registering under new names to disrupt the forum and to
cause many others grief.

Unfortunately that's the way it stands

Joe

Sure glad that the Gauge never got that way.

A Word of Warning...

Originally posted by Catt!

Johnathan,
I again apologize for taking the forum down however I think it will be
for good... I temporarily downed the forum a few months ago and things
cooled off for awhile but it seems that the troublesome members just
keep coming back registering under new names to disrupt the forum and to
cause many others grief.

Unfortunately that's the way it stands

Joe

Sure glad that the Gauge never got that way.

Catt, one of the weasles is registered here as a member. He has 0 posts to his credit up to this point, but now that he is "homeless," he may try to enter the henhouse. It would be just like him.

Like I said, just a word of caution.

BTW: I appreciate your concern and expressions of support for my family member's health concerns. Many thanks. Mike:)

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
Catt!

Thanks for the information. So I guess that is that.

Mike I noticed your observation also.

One last thing one of the instigators was over on the Atlas Forum gloating but it looks like it backfired on him.

tomfassett

Oct 15, 2002
Chandler, AZ
www.trainweb.org
new (old) friends...

Boy, am I glad to see you all here... Especially David and Wolv, I just got used to givin' them a hard time...:D

The rest of you I plan to continue to be nice to...

PS: I got a nasty email from someone (who will go unnamed) accusing me of sticking up for Joe and ya'll... I feel privileged to be accused of sticking up for such fine people...

Tom

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Hi Gang,
Let me welcome all new members from RR-F to the gauge, this is a friendly forum as the members who have been here for a while will confirm that. I myself have been a moderator for nearly 2 years, and we have a happy camp. I used to post at RR-F under PaulT as some of you are aware, here, I am -- Shamus, enjoy and be happy.

Shamus

NYCentral

Aug 29, 2002
Albany, NY
Visit site
Hello, and welcome to the Gauge.

Problem is that they succeeded in doing what they wanted, shut down the RR-Lines. I was hoping that they would not succeed. I happen to be out of town most of the last week so I wasn't aware of all that happened until yesterday. I was completely suprised at what I was reading. I wish Joe the best and really don't blame him for closing it down.

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
I'm not familiar with RR-Lines, or any of the trouble that apparently went on there, so I'm not really in a posutuon to comment...but I think it's sad when a place where a diverse group of people with a common interest can get together for some conversation & comraderie, has to be done away with because of that small segment of the population who never learned good manners.
I've encountered such folks on various internet sites, & the thing that's always struck me is, that snobbery, rudeness, hateful attitudes, condecension, stress, etc...are things that I can encounter every day that I leave my house, & go to work. The reason I enjoy model railroading, (& spending time with my on-line RR pals at The Gauge :) ) is that it takes me AWAY from all that!
Why some people incorporate all that baggage into theirHOBBY is a mystery to me...?:confused: :rolleyes: :confused:
Anyway, I've never had any such problems at this site, in the nearly 2 years I've been here.
I've made a lot of good friends here, had a few laughs, & learned a lot in the process.
I hope that everyone who comes here enjoys it as much as I have! :)

Wolv33

Aug 30, 2002
Smalltown, MO
Visit site
Hey guys and gals,

I emailed Joe yesterday on several things. I got mostly the same replies as you all did. I asked him about several different software and security solutions to try to get the forums back up, but it just seems to me that Joe doesn't want them back up.

I guess I cannot really blame him. Together we came up with "no" fool-proof scheme to keep out "trolls", so I guess they are gone for good. Given that a dial-up IP is server-assigned and dynamic nowadays, there is just no way to block offending posters.

On the upside, TomF and myself have looked into getting a forum started with the same software and format that RR-Line used, so anyone who joins will be somewhat familiar with it.

We are also considering implementing a LIVE chat area and a dedicated files area along with the new forums.

We will keep you posted on our activities.

Good to see y'all here though. I am glad we did not lose touch!
I was starting to think of you guys as "our little RR family." LOL!

Now we just need Nelson here to give us our congratulations and open the break room every morn'.

Later all.