Railroad Done..Now What?

brakie

Nov 8, 2001
Bucyrus,Ohio
Visit site
Neil,Those are great ideas but,sadly the by products is currently being trucked.Petermans only deals in scrap iron and not junk cars.I do like the crusher idea though. :thumb: :D
I thought of the idea of a track going into a building-I would like to use coil cars for this,however,I am not sure where I could put such a large building any ideas?. :confused:
The buildings I am using are Walther's Corner Stone kits except the Pillsbury plant which was scratch built by my late wife so that of course that is a given.While I did not include them on my rough drawing all buildings have access roads, parking lots and truck docks..Valley Produce and Honey Creek has their own fleet of refrigerated delivery trucks.
Now I would like to add Interstate fuel and 2 other industries including that industry that has track going into it.However,I really don't want to overcrowd the layout but,still 2 or 3 more buildings would be acceptable if they can be worked in
without having to move to many cars from other industries.

theBear

Oct 1, 2004
In the woods of Maine
I've put together many a layout and never really felt any of them were done, complete, or finished. They all led to trying something new.

Today marked a turning point, BD1 left the yard with ole 261 leading. The first train I've run in years, it was also very short because the layout is a switching puzzle one. But my new trucks and couplers came today and I just couldn't wait any longer.

brakie

Nov 8, 2001
Bucyrus,Ohio
Visit site
Ralph,No pictures yet..I am waiting on Wally World to roll back the price of the digi cam I want..Accordibng to a friend of mine that works there the price will be lowered next moth.(Nov).Just saving a buck or three. :D I posted this rough drawing before in the layout forum.

brakie

Nov 8, 2001
Bucyrus,Ohio
Visit site
dash10 said:
Brakie, ever see what Jim and others are doing on a 2 foot by 1 foot N scale layout? http://www.all-model-railroading.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=374&st=105

There's lots of room there. :D
Fred
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fred,I think I seen pictures of it before.. Great looking urban layout. :thumb:
Come to think of it I blew it with my N scale industrial switching layout..I could have made it a urban industrial district instead similar to the N scale Milwaukee Road urban switching layout in MR few years back... :( :cry: Of course I could.... :D

bobrien

Feb 15, 2002
Waiuku,New Zealand
Visit site
wow! the word 'done' sure scares me quite a bit. I am only just getting started and I shudder at the thought of being 'done'.
Can I suggest that it isn't about being 'done' - it surely must be about the 'doing', which is never ever finished!
And anyway, by the time I am 'done' I guess I will only do what lots of others have done in the past and learn from my mistakes, then start all over again - only differently...