Railroad Casualty

upguy

Oregon Western Lines, CEO
Jan 26, 2001
Canyon City, Oregon, USA
http
I saw this mortally injured bovine on the Union Pacific mainline at Telocaset, Oregon this last weekend. Apparently it was unable to interpret the signals correctly, and the result was another railroad casualty. :eek:

Attachments

• cow.jpg
    cow.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 144

Gary Pfeil

May 7, 2001
Boonton NJ
Visit site
Not to change the subject, but I will, note the beautiful "S" curve created by the siding joining the main, which goes against everything we've ever read in the model railroad press about track planning for reliable operation! Also like the equipment cabinet built into the hillside. Nice photo!

Gary

brakie

Nov 8, 2001
Bucyrus,Ohio
Visit site
Yes,Gary, The prototype does things their way and it does work!I have found over the years(50) that I have been in this hobby that most modelers (including myself at one time) doesn't take time to study the prototype but look to books for all the answers,I had my eyes open when I worked on the old Pennsy.While books are good to learned different modeling techniques,there is nothing like checking the prototypes for guidance on the way they do things. Doing this will make the old layout more true to prototype.:D

Bob Collins

Feb 1, 2001
Council Bluffs, IA
Visit site
Okay, I had decided you had somehow conned the UPRR out of a free ride in the cab of one of their trains! Didn't even dawn on me about an overpass:D

Story around here in the Ozarks is that farmers would tie a sick cow to the tracks and then when the Frisco came around the corner and ran over it the farmer claimed it to be his prize bull:)

Bob