Railpictures.net

Chessie6459

Gauge Oldtimer
I found this website to be really cool. :thumb: It has pictures of all kinds of trains you can think of from all around the world. :) I don't know if anyone on here has ever seen this website. I know that Brian Schmidt has some photo's on there. :thumb: I was just surfing the net and came across it and have been going back everyday to look at the photo's. I am amazed at how far people will go to get a great photo of a train, ( even if you have to lower yourself in a valley to get the picture you want ). If this was already posted on here i didn't see it and i am sorry. If you want to join to post your pictures it doesn't cost anything. Just thought i would let everyone know about the website. :wave: :wave: :wave:

http://www.railpictures.net/

F

Fred_M

It's a great site and thanks for reposting it. You say "If you want to join to post your pictures it doesn't cost anything." which is true but misleading. The owners of the site are very particular and reject pictures not up to their high standards. That's why the ones you see, and I will quote you again, "I am amazed at how far people will go to get a great photo of a train" are there and ones of a boxcar in the local yard aren't. They only allow the best to be posted. Fred

Chessie6459

Gauge Oldtimer
It's a great site and thanks for reposting it. You say "If you want to join to post your pictures it doesn't cost anything." which is true but misleading. The owners of the site are very particular and reject pictures not up to their high standards. That's why the ones you see, and I will quote you again, "I am amazed at how far people will go to get a great photo of a train" are there and ones of a boxcar in the local yard aren't. They only allow the best to be posted.

Fred your welcome. I know what you mean by how it has to be by their standards. I have sent some of my pictures in and they all got rejected. My one friend takes really great photo's and they even rejected that one. After my last one i sent in i stopped cause i got tired of having them rejected. It is a great site, i will give them credit for that.

jdscales040

The screeners at Railpictures.net are tough, but if you know what they want you will get accepted. I have 655 photos on the site and still get rejected every once and a while.
Another good site is http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/
They are easier to post to. They accept almost anything trains.
John C. Durant

Chessie6459

Gauge Oldtimer
John thanks for the link, i will try on that site later on tonight cause i have to go and sort through my photo's on my computer.

P.S thank you for signing my guestbook on my conrail website. :wave:

railohio

w00t! w00t!

Maybe I'm more loved here than I thought! :eek: :eek:

Thanks for the pimpage of RP.net and especially my photos! I should have some new photos uploaded there tonite so please stand by. :cool:

A valley? Puleeeze!!! Don't even get me started on stories about getting the shot... :D

railohio

If you ask me, their standards aren't high enough. They have really lowered them since they started the page. You guys are forgetting, if they are fronting the bill for the hosting they have every right to be picky. They don't want to spend their money to support anything but the best. When they originally concieved the site, RP.net was to be a place for publishers and photographers to hook up. The concept has obviously evolved quite a bit since then. I'll admit that I've had some arguments about what should and shouldn't be accepted, but overall I still think it's the best railroad photography site around... period.

railohio

I'm glad you guys enjoy them. I'm working on getting a more cohesive photo story put together to post on here. It just takes time to get the images resized so the forum software will accept them. Maybe this weekend I'll have it posted.