Rail Truck

JBBVry

This is my kitbashed HOn3 Mack Rail truck in color. finily got done with it and i think it looks pretty good.

Attachments

• rail truck a.jpg
    rail truck a.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 270
  • rail truck b.jpg
    rail truck b.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 265
  • rail truck c.jpg
    rail truck c.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 258

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
A very neat looking Mack JBB, but is it an optical illusion but it looks like the front wheels are off the track on the drivers right side.

JBBVry

Matthyro said:
A very neat looking Mack JBB, but is it an optical illusion but it looks like the front wheels are off the track on the drivers right side.
he just hit a bump as i made the pic. lol

RailRon

A beautiful model, and great photography! :thumb:

Could you tell us something more about how you powered the little critter?

Ron

JBBVry

RailRon said:
A beautiful model, and great photography! :thumb:

Could you tell us something more about how you powered the little critter?

Ron
At the size of this little guy i don't see a way to power it. it is static 100% and was a pain to get that lead truck right and it still is off alittle as you can see in that pic. I used a On-Trak Mack ac rail truck for the rear wheels and the wheels on the lead truck. I used a Jordan Highway Miniatures 1923 Mack Stake Truck for the rest. i cut he bed down by 2 boards on each side and the sides were cut to only 2 boards high and the head board was cut both ways in height and width the Chassis had to be cut off at the back of the cab. and has no deatails underneath at all from there back i used a small plastic rod to take up the space there and glued the two sides to it it was a Perfect fit and when i put on the gears and chain on the sides the wheels were 3 foot. The lead truck was a real pain the one that came with it was for HO not HOn3 so i had to make one. I found a pice of white metal that was just a bit too big so i used it but grinding it down to fit was not as easy as i thought it would be. It took over 3 hours to get it right and took all 4 of the little white metal things i had. The metal cab that came with the kit was nice but i liked the open doors in the Jordan kit so i used it. well there it is all done and i like it. i would love to find a way to make one that runs.

neilmunck

Hi, this one is HO standard gauge but it runs! It is supposed to be a weed sprayer.

I put a small open frame motor in the tank that powers the back wheels. It has six wheel pickup.

It runs a bit too fast but I intend to change the motor and gearbox for one with a 38:1 reduction.

Neil

Attachments

• duck.jpg
    duck.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 149