Rail Joiners for my Flex Track?

Discussion in 'HO Scale Model Trains' started by Gary S., Jan 21, 2007.

1. Gary S.

Gary S. Senior Member

I'm using HO Code 83 Flex track... checked a couple of the online suppliers, but didn't see any code 83 rail joiners. Up to now, for my preliminary track layout, I've been using code 100 rail joiners. So, when I lay the track down permanently, do I just use the code 100 rail joiners? Or do they make something a little smaller and less conspicuous? What do you guys do?
  2. LongIslandTom

LongIslandTom Member

The rail joiners work with both Code 100 and 83 rail.

If you don't like the size of the joiners, you can always cut them in half with a Xuron nipper. :thumb:

Good luck!
  3. TruckLover

TruckLover Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer

Ya, ATLAS says they are universal rail joiners meaning they work for both C100 and C83.

I had the same question when I was buying them lol
  4. Gary S.

Gary S. Senior Member

My main concern is that they are just so HUGE. So I just cut them in half with the nipper?
  5. TruckLover

TruckLover Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer

you can do that, then just open up the end that you cut because it will probly be climped down.
  6. Gary S.

Gary S. Senior Member

Thanks for the help everyone. I snipped one in half, opened up the crimped end a bit with an exacto knife, and it works.
  7. sidetracked

sidetracked Member

you might try peco,,, I found some code 83 joiners at the okla.city train show made by peco,,,,,, they are called peco streamine ho scale rail joiners,,, part no. SL-8310,,, 24 to a pack and I paid $2.77 for them,,,,, they look really good,,,, just as long as code 100, but lots smaller in height,,,,,, ,,,,, ,good luck,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,st