Radioshack Trucks

Discussion in 'RC Offroad Forum' started by vette_7t9, Dec 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UltimateStampede

UltimateStampede Member

it fit fine in my truck because the stock motor was a 540. and i didnt run hard so it wouldnt burn the circuitry out.
  2. timrock

timrock Active Member

http://www.geocities.com/mhsflc68/radiocontrol/
    check out this site.some guy actually did modify a Radio Shack truck but in order to use a mod motor like the stinger 20 turn or a 13turn motor you have to do what he did.he ripped everything out of the Radishack truck and put in real RC stuf in it radio,speed control and had to cut it to make the motor fit.when he finaly got it running the trasmision couldnt withstand the torque and ruined it.they are not made for that.they are neat toys that you would buy for a kid.you cant modify them.
    and i dout they,recently,started making them so that you can just swap the stock motor for a 13turn and and have it run 35mph.like rock said.
    and thier fastest car goes 1300 feet per minute.that about 14.9 MPH not 18.
  3. bro

bro New Member

hey UltimateStampede,

Which RS truck do you have the sales told me that I have a 540 motor in it but I am not sure?
  4. bro

bro New Member

hey Tim,
    the link you post Buggy Kid/mhsflc68, that RSRC is totally different than what I have, that RC is more like the RC sale in ToyS-R-Us, if the sales that I deal with is right than I think I do have a 540 motor in it, it looks really big and I do think I can fit a bigger size motor in too!
    hey vette,
    I guess you bought the Subaru 1/8 from Toys-R-Us, if so you can follow the instruction from Buggy Kid/mhsflc68, the only project I can learn from Buggy Kid is the all gear glue together so that I can have a locking differential better on snow!
  5. rockn82

rockn82 Marx Brother

Like i said the Dodge Viper from radio shack took no mods at all just a pull out and swap the motor with a 13 turn havok motor. no cutting and no nothing

The wires from the 7.2V 2000MAh pack did get hotter than normal though but nowhere near meltdown.
  6. rockn82

rockn82 Marx Brother

And like I have said so many times already timrock you are and idiot.

End of Discussion. Or maybe not I do get a laugh from your posts so on second thought keep posting your a source of comic relief in the hobby world.
  7. timrock

timrock Active Member

ok you cant put a 13turn motor in a Radio Shack car.simple as that.unless you want to ruin the curcuitry wich is garbage anyway.(by comparison).
    also, this would be the second time you called me that.and i think it is messed up how you guys try to miss lead people into believeing your BS about Radioshack.
  8. bro

bro New Member

thks for your inform rockn82,

I think the 13T cost me around 22 bucks, it worth for me to do it(NOT Ms T)!
    I live in a cold area a little bit warm is not a problem for me!
  9. timrock

timrock Active Member

you guys are stupid.
  10. combatcm

combatcm Member

That monster truck in the link has a stock 380 motor. RS wouldn't make the gears withstand more torque for such a weak motor. You can put a mod 540 in a radioshack car that takes a 540. I've done it with that vexxor car and a stinger. The circuit might burn up with a 13T, but since it's an onroad car it might not. So who are we going to believe, the people who have done it or the kid who got his first "real" RC car.

Why does everybody hate RS cars? I own a 1/8 buggy and a few electric trucks and I don't go on the forums and say, "RS SUKS they R sooo BAD, LOSI RULZ" (I know nobody here said anything like that). There are many kinds of people in RC, the buyers, the makers, the watchers, and the skeptics. I am a maker, because I look at a radioshack car as a project I could work on.
  11. timrock

timrock Active Member

people are saying that Radio Shack cars are great and dont understand why they cant compare to a real RC.i explained to them very clearly how they cant compare and how much better a Hobby class RC is.even before one of them bought a radio shack car and they bought one anyway.they`er retarded.
  12. timrock

timrock Active Member

also they make Hobby class,nonintegraded,ESCs that cant handle any kind of driving with a 13turn motor.
    there is no way in #@$% Radio Shack`s intergrated recirver/motor control can handle it.
    i dont have to try it and ruin it to know that.
  13. combatcm

combatcm Member

EVERYBODY knows that Radio shack cars are not as good as hobby RC's. If your trying to say they are bad we believe you. However with a good idea and the skills needed, you can make them better. However the argument now is if the radioshack viper can handle a 13T motor. Somebody tried it and it worked, end of argument.
  14. timrock

timrock Active Member

aparently,Not EVERYBODY knows.and Radio Shack Does make Hobby class,1/28 scale cars.
    also,no one tryed it.and if somone does actualy try it instead of BSing about it working.i got my money on it not working.i know for a fact what it will do.
  15. vette_7t9

vette_7t9 Member

Hey bro

Cool, i guess i have a source for learning how to modify it! Ya tahts the impreza. However, cant get the motor box to open. DOH!
  16. vette_7t9

vette_7t9 Member

There is a very tight bearing container that locks the box.
  17. timrock

timrock Active Member

there are no bearings in that.thats another thing about Radio Shack cars;they all have plastic bushings.not even copper ones.bearings in a radio shacl?no way in hell.
  18. mooserman75

mooserman75 New Member

i have had numerous rs cars from 4 wheel drive to cars and finally my friend bought one and i thought it was so cool. about a week ago i got an ofna ultra lx pro (not the nicest but i love it) and ran over his cheap a$$ car and beat the new rs dirtbike he just got from rs
  19. bro

bro New Member

hey mooserman75
    that RSRC bike is not as easy as you think to control it well at the begining and as a RSRC player before pls don't compare hobby RC to RSRC everybody in this forum know any hobby RC can bit RSRC think how much you pay!
  20. dan6362001

dan6362001 New Member

you think i could rig up a thermister from RADIO SHACK to my t-maxx then hook it into a little 19-24 cfm fan , i think it would be kinda neat im thinkin put everthing inside the body so i dont take up room on the chassis, oh radio shack rcs rock...................... if your 7 . tho i do remember seeing one a looong time ago that was $180 at radioshack with a 2 speed tranny but that was like 7 or8 years ago i think. but other then that if its not a hobby rc it blows
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.