Radioshack Trucks

Discussion in 'RC Offroad Forum' started by vette_7t9, Dec 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WESTSIDERIDER310

WESTSIDERIDER310 Member

First off radio shack cars suck...................How are you going to compare a radio shack car thats top speed is about 20-25MPH to a nitro powered car that can hit speeds over 60MPH. And when we say real rc cars they mean real rc cars. Last time i checked a radio shack car it was made out of mostly plastic. My stadium truck is all aluminum and that thing will rock any radio crap car..........and ps a BMW is a real car...........
  2. timrock

timrock Active Member

WESTSIDERIDER310 is actualy giving the Radio Shack cars more credit that they deserve.the fastest radio shack car goes 1300 feet per min. wich is slightly under 15MPH.and that is thier fastest car!compare that to my car.same size.0-40MPH in 2.5 sec.electric powered.and i can easily go around a 90 degree street corner at 40MPH.i can also raise the horspower and highten the gearing and reach speeds of well over 100MPH safely.
    and NO you cannot put any thing in a Radio Shack car.everything is all on one circuit board.if you change anything in it,like the motor with less turns, you will fry the circuitry and it will be ready for the garbage can.they dont have any versitility whats so ever.they are only good for a little kid.aslo the cars wouldnt be able to handle well at any kind of speed faster than they are design for.
  3. bro

bro New Member

seems like Mr T still don't get it!
  4. timrock

timrock Active Member

Seems,as if,``Mr T`` doesn`t get it.i was wondering who and what that refers to.
  5. NewRider

NewRider New Member

Vette_7t9,
    I figured I would give my opinion, though take it how you will. (Im assuming you are interested in off road since you are looking at the Ram which sits decent and the desperado) Looking at the high-end trucks offered by Traxxas, Associated, Losi, etc. it can seem overwhelming due to the price and the kits alone without radio, batter, charger or assembly already being several hundred dollars. Honestly, at entry level, you shouldnt even be concerned with those at this point. Start small... make sure the real interest in R/C is there before you dive headfirst into whopping expense. But there are lower dollar vehicles from those same companies that I will get to in a moment.
    With Radio-Shack vehicles, what you buy is realistically what you will have for the life of that vehicle or until you buy something new. They are not built with modification or upgrade in mind. Trying to modify one will lead to the end result of your truck meeting a quick death. If you just want one for cruising the yard or ballcourt and dont plan on going further into the hobby, I suppose they could be acceptable. But, if you plan on being able to modify and improve your truck as your skill builds, go for a lower dollar truck like a Traxxas Rustler RTR ... you can get a combo that has truck, radio, battery, charger all for around $155 or so...

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXJE53**&P=0

I know the H2 is $100 from Wal-Mart and honestly isnt half the truck that even the Rustler is. I bought a H2 for my 8 year old son because he stared at it every time we were in wal-mart. He drove it two days and became quite bored with it. Upon asking him what was wrong. "It looks neat... but it crawls compared to yours." I ended up taking it back. Needless to say, I am starting him off at Christmas with the exact truck I gave you the link to so he can improve the truck as he improves his skills. Take my long winded opinion however you wish. Just hate to see you make a big purchase on a truck and regret it a little while down the road.

Best of luck to you in whatever you decide,

Sincerely,
    NewRider
  6. vette_7t9

vette_7t9 Member

WOW nice truck. I think I'll get something cheap like that one. Thanx for tips.
  7. bro

bro New Member

newrider is talking,

totally agree, the only thing is get the H2 in Radioshack not the one in Walmart, give your son a try on the RS H2 for two days but don't race with him what you have, he will be happy
  8. timrock

timrock Active Member

vette 7t9.i sent you a link for the cheapest Real Rc truck RTR and you said it was not valuble addvice and that you couldnt afford it.
  9. Buggy Kid

Buggy Kid New Member

I had the old, black hot machine. It ran very well off road, except in tall grass. Running it in the snow was no problem either. It loved it. The link below has tips on how to modify RS RC.

http://www.geocities.com/mhsflc68/radiocontrol/
  10. vette_7t9

vette_7t9 Member

11. vette_7t9

vette_7t9 Member

Any and All Airliners ...

Great site. If there were only more sites like those that actually teach people how to modify radioshack trucks.....
  12. timrock

timrock Active Member

what kind of a Modifcation on a Radio Shack truck?lol
  13. NewRider

NewRider New Member

Just thought I would post something he said on that website in case you didnt read all the way down on the main page.

"My truck has been outta commission since last summer when I decided to hook up 2 batteries and blew the drive transistors. I haven’t had a chance to fix them yet, because of other projects.

Since the truck went down, I bought the cheap Radio Shack buggy Striker and fit a 360 size motor and ran a 9.6v battery with it. I fried it as well.

After those two incidents, I found a Traxxas Nitro 4-Tec at a pawn shop for a very good price. I feel bad abandoning Radio Shack, but it’s nice having a hobby class R/C; mainly because I can buy replacement parts! "

Sincerely,
    NewRider
  14. timrock

timrock Active Member

some guy went through all the trouble to re-do everything in a Radio Shack car to have it run on real RC radio, electronics and motor.cutting it all up to fit the shi t in it just to find out the transmission cant hadle the torque and grinded the sh it out of it.and thats only with a 27 turn motor with 6 cells.LMAO
  15. timrock

timrock Active Member

who likes Radio Shack cars,again?
  16. WESTSIDERIDER310

WESTSIDERIDER310 Member

radio crap sucks............get a real rc car
  17. WESTSIDERIDER310

WESTSIDERIDER310 Member

Why would you want to waste your time and money tring to hop up a radio crap truck, that is stupid.
  18. timrock

timrock Active Member

lol WEST.......it is very stupid.especialy after i explained to the retard.Vette7t9.how and why not.
  19. WESTSIDERIDER310

WESTSIDERIDER310 Member

you would think people would think about what they are writing before they press the post button. Radio crap is an insult to the hobby. I think he needs to look on ebay and find a cool used truck or car and start hopping that up.
  20. bro

bro New Member

hey Vette
    if you still looking for radioshack RC dont get the dodge ram get the H2 and get the 3000mAh battery across the broder US radioshack coz this is not available in canada radioshack and you will have a great surprise
    like I did:D
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.