radio controlled G scale

little blue cho

Feb 13, 2005
Cherryville NC
www.littlebluechoo.com
I'm new to this board and looking for some help. I own a Family entertainment center (Exhilaration Station) and I want to add Radio Controlled trains around the walls of our party rooms. I would like g scale. I have seen a battery operated one by Playmobil with a very simple remote and a rechargable battery pack. I need something kid proof. The playmobil has forward and reverse and thats it. I would like one with sound. Any help will be greatly appreciated by me and the kids at the parties.

Thanks
Little blue choo
http://www.littlebluechoo.com

Russ Bellinis

Feb 13, 2003
Lakewood, Ca.
Visit site
Radio control is doable. Bachmann had a radio controlled battery powered train when they first came out with G scale, but most remote controlled trains are dcc with the signals going through the rails. You can get wireless controls to work with dcc. The problem is that most handheld wireless throttles may be a bit on the fragile side if dropped by kids.

little blue cho

Feb 13, 2005
Cherryville NC
www.littlebluechoo.com
Thanks for the reply Russ. I am installing a dcc controled train with all the goodies for me to play with. It will be over the main game room and play area. The wireless remotes will be in both party rooms were the party kids can play with it. The units made by Playmobil are said to be tough. Another F.E.C. uses them and said they work well and have been droped many times and just keep om ticking. If they do brake you can buy another one for around $25.00. You can keep a spare if you want and just swap the frequency module. It just plugs into the front of the unit. I can buy these trains for around $150 with the controller, battery pack, charger, and track. I will not be using the track. I will use a good brass track so I can put power on it later and run dcc trains if I want to. I just need to find something like the Playmobil units that offer smoke and sound. Maybe I could use a sound car. Does anyone know of a sound car that is battery operated. I don't know if I can put power on the track for a sound car because it may mess up the battery operated engine. It has metal wheels and will conduct the power.

Thanks in advance
Little Blue Choo

Russ Bellinis

Feb 13, 2003
Lakewood, Ca.
Visit site
You might be able to power a Soundtrax unit or MRC unit with batteries in a sound car. I don't know enough about electronics to know how to make the sound adjust to the speed of the locomotive.