Race Starts At 3:30.......

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
What's to do.
Well, I lettered and decaled my SD35 for the Southwick & Winsted. The biggest pain was the number boards.

Attachments

• SW2.jpg
    SW2.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 5
  • SW1.jpg
    SW1.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 5

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
And after four years of no roof(I built the sides and base, four years ago)
This is how I hope it'll look on the layout.
Not bad since starting at 11:00 this morning.

Attachments

• NERC1.jpg
    NERC1.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 6
  • NERC2.jpg
    NERC2.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 5

Sarge_7

Nice decal job:thumb::thumb: The number boards are usually the hardest for me too, especialy when I have to cut and paste the Numbers toghether.

I like that shop. I have been thinking of building a module/display using a diesel service area as the theme. I only have 5' X18" to work with though. what are the measurements of your shop and the shelf you have it sitting on in the pic? Also, is that a Pikestuff model?

Thanks
Jim

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
Thanks Sarge.
Yep, its a Pikestuff. A kit called "the Shops".
I don't have the dims. The shelf is just a old microwave cart I use for storing kits. I do plan on detailing it a little more, including some interior lighting.

Sarge_7

Thanks, I was looking at a couple of their kits on e-bay last night. One was a two bay shop, and the other was the "shop with add on office" I just not sur wich would be better for my limited space.

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
Gee.
I don't know what one that is. It was already built, and I bought it in the consignment section of my LHS.
I do have the Walthers "Heavy Duty" crane kit which was going inside the shop. But after careful measurements....the kit ended up in the microwave cart.