R/C Drifter Logo Contest

Discussion in 'RC Drifting and Setup' started by rcdrifter, Jun 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nick S.

Nick S. Guest

I LIKE!
  2. SpArKeY_STi

SpArKeY_STi Guest

Glad to hear that! Thats always a good thing!
  3. SpArKeY_STi

SpArKeY_STi Guest

[​IMG]

Theres the full color! If someone has a way to better blend the picture with the words, please let me know.
  4. benje

benje Guest

My first post, and a few attempts at the logo :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  5. SpArKeY_STi

SpArKeY_STi Guest

I have a overall question about some things. Are there going to be stickers of it also? Maby shirts or Hoddies? I know id get a Hoddie, and iv been asked by a couple of friends on another fourm about stickers. They arnt into RC, but they really like the look of it and im sure i could get them into it.
  6. YucA

YucA Guest

Sparkey - the vector is badass!!!
  7. rcdrifter

rcdrifter Guest

Benje, not what I would consider a logo but this would look great as a sticker or on some gear....

Great idea, thanks for the contribution..
  8. rcdrifter

rcdrifter Guest

Most deffinatly, and these wont be cafeexpress type hoodies/shirts etc I am going to have this printed up and stitched..

The stickers I will be doing myself as soon as I get my thermal decal printer in see how they come out, if everything is good then I will be sending them out for a very very small price to members now basically just to cover material cost...later the cost will probably go up some depending on demand etc..
  9. SpArKeY_STi

SpArKeY_STi Guest

Cool. If i have the money, i will be first inline for a hoodie! And, again just throwing ideas, clear stickers with just the lettering and pic color i think would be better then white background.

Heres a new one i used thanks to YucA. Big up and props to YucA for lending me the pics, and giving me ideas and a heads up about that my last one is kinda like another companys.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Couldnt decide on the direction, so i made two. Also i have one more coming, just it will take a while because im unsure of how to do it and make it look good.
  10. SpArKeY_STi

SpArKeY_STi Guest

Ok, last one. And i know the Black and white one has some issues, ill try and remeber to fix them later.

[​IMG]
  11. AE86 Drifter

AE86 Drifter Guest

hey sparky great work man!
    but wathch out i should have a few designs up by tonight
    I only hope that since I am hand drawing mine that everyone understands that the logo would be cleaned up tremendously and redrawn perfectly if it should be chosen as one of the logos!
    It just takes so long to do it I dont want to waste 25-30 hours of my life doing it perfectly for nothing. I really hope you all will understand!!!
  12. rcdrifter

rcdrifter Guest

Well i will understand :) but sparky is doing a pretty badass job .....
  13. SpArKeY_STi

SpArKeY_STi Guest

Thx... im just out of ideas now. I can do more like those with diffrent color cars, but other then that im a little out. I did a background RX7 one, but its not too good comapired to my otheres... here

[​IMG]
  14. SpArKeY_STi

SpArKeY_STi Guest

And could you pls give us the Color codes (IE#fffff) of the diffrent blues and yellow. I think we can handle white and black :p . Im having trouble getting some color schemes and a list of the colors would be helpful. Thankx.
  15. AE86 Drifter

AE86 Drifter Guest

this is my next attempt. I do agree that sparkey is doing a GREAT job. :mrgreen:

Hey Sparky could you do one with a Sprinter. I just think that i am tired of seeing the 180 body on all of the drifting sites.
    Hey dont get me wrong i would rock the shirt if your logo wins
    I just wish I could use the computer like you guys
    I got paintshop pro 7 Is that good enough to create a logo with???
    My friend andrew is really computer smart maybe i could get him to make one the way i really want

Anyways here it is. keep in mind it is pencil and paper and I can Draw much much better and i do realize the car is really out of proportion.
    [​IMG]
    Hope you like??? :?:
  16. SpArKeY_STi

SpArKeY_STi Guest

Thats cool. Im useing the 180SX because YucA has a wide range of pictures i can use. (That and I can change the pic at a moments notice... i may change some of them becaues of what you said, the 180 is everywhere) As you can see, im starting to go with RX7's, and ill probly do some skylines and silvias... but i wont do a trueno. Sorry. I hate the look of truenos with a passion. There are like two that i like, but i dont remeber what they look like... id only be able to tell you if i seen them. I may have my cousin help me with a pen and paper one ( i cant draw worth poo... thats why i use the computer... im good at those - So if AE86 wins, i would be more then glad then help out with that.) because hes good at that.

And BTW, thx to all of you. AE, yours looks sweet too!

Also a good program to use (the one im useing) is Fireworks. You can get a free 30 day trial at Macromedia.com. Its really easy. Also, for file maintaing (Compressing, shrinking, ect) i recomend Irfan View (do a google search for Irfan View and it should be the first one). Again, really easy to use. Two GREAT utilitys when put togeather can be leathal!

One more... Whens the Offical "Due Date"?
  17. SpArKeY_STi

SpArKeY_STi Guest

I Decided to make them all in one post... that way its easyer too see them all.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I am VERY sorry to all 56K users. I feel your pain...

Yaya... i know i said i wouldnt do a trueno. But i was playing GT3 for S&G and hoped the Trueno to the max, and drifted... my god! I know now why people use it... i was in first, second, third, and some of forth gear still smokin the tires! That and i was bored. Those are all that im probly gona do... ill have one or two more done depending on how my cousin is feeling and if i can get ahold of him.
  18. jaxx

jaxx Guest

gj sparky... i was gonna do one, but i got lazy and then i went to miami, going to the motherland, brazil :)

hehe... i was gonna draw, heres my idea, if u can make it come to life ae86, i was thinkin the R, the end of the R turn into a c, but sort of turned up like a u, then the end of the c start the d, then have rifter out on the bottom...

or encorporate a ae86 or something drifting and then behind the car, where it was drifting, have RCdrifter.com in smoke-type letters... gah, if u said maskable the first time.... :( oh well... i do terrible lettering/type on the computer... oh well... the only reason that i tried was because i wanted to make my photoshop skillz better...

and guys, i like the one that was on the 1st page that was done on the computer... but i think it looks like everything else. i try to be different.
  19. SpArKeY_STi

SpArKeY_STi Guest

Theres 6 done on the comp on the first page. 2 mine, one white one with RCDRIFTER down the side, one with a bunch of cars photochoped in, and some more.

If you let me jaxx, i would like to "steal" your idea. I had something like that in mind anyway. But i would like to make sure its ok i do that... ill show you a sample.
    [​IMG]
    Something like that... just id accually take my time and it will be hand drawn cause im gona have my cousin help me with it... then ill computerize it.
  20. rcdrifter

rcdrifter Guest

The end of this week will be the end of submissions and a poll will be put up to let everyone decide on who will win the yokomo body for the best logo..
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.