R/C Drifter Logo Contest

Discussion in 'RC Drifting and Setup' started by rcdrifter, Jun 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AE86 Drifter

AE86 Drifter Guest

the reason it is not colored in is because when you take an image to a graphics shop to get vinyl cut(paint masks) and get images burned to create shirts the simpler it is the better it is. a simple outline is what they want. the color isnt added until screen printing or during painting a body after the mask is removed therefore color is useless until it is used for the website and then yes i can add color. they will just trace the image if it is colored and what is the point if it is just as easy for me to leave it an outline??? hope you understand.
  2. SpArKeY_STi

SpArKeY_STi Guest

Ya, i was just jokeing... so these are going to be used as paint masks? Man... i gota re-think these then. Ill post the one iv been doing for awhile now, just i know it wont be used as a paint mask.

[​IMG]
  3. rcdrifter

rcdrifter Guest

ae86 that is DEFFINATLY going in the right direction, simple yet "iconic" as we call it in the webhosting world as its representative of the site and letting you know that its r/c related...

Big thumbs up on that one...
  4. SpArKeY_STi

SpArKeY_STi Guest

[​IMG]

Im trying to keep the designs simple, yet be coolish. Sorry to ae86 for kinda copying your TX for the R... cept you use it as I. Couldnt come up with nothin else.
  5. Nick S.

Nick S. Guest

Host it some were else.
  6. jaxx

jaxx Guest

ok, when u say logo, i think color and complexity, but not too much, just a cool looking photo.... but when u say MASKABLE logo...WHOA... thats WAY different...

makin more... but yes, i love making simple logos, done so many of them.

also when u said color, that thru me off a little :)

i dont have a scanner, but what ill try to do is take a picture with my digital camera, since it is roughly the same idea...
  7. rcdrifter

rcdrifter Guest

Well the color can be added later more or less designing the concept now and fine tuning it after the winner is choosen...
  8. jaxx

jaxx Guest

yeah... and GAH! what have u done to the site!!! lol looks good
  9. SpArKeY_STi

SpArKeY_STi Guest

Ok... i know its not my desion to say anything... but i have to ask... WHY do paint masks of your logo? Who would truely want to paint your logo on? And any logo of any basics would be fairly hard to make, and or paint. Why not just make stickers, then have another contest for cool paint masks. Pick like 4 and those people get a big thumbs up... some free drift tires and some stickers when they come out. That would be much easyer.
  10. rcdrifter

rcdrifter Guest

First i hope you guys like the new site look, its a big change but we think it will be easier to navigate and read...

As for the paint mask, dont think of the logo as being needed for that the conversion over to the paint mask will be taken care of by our designers...

We just want a nice logo for the site to represent the rc drifting community...
  11. SpArKeY_STi

SpArKeY_STi Guest

Heres one more i did. I kept it black and white (but it should be transparent... i used Fireworks) because you said your gona work out fine details after you pic the winner.

[​IMG]
  12. mfzero

mfzero Guest

nice :!:
  13. dannyp

dannyp Guest

[​IMG]

you can omit the car if you like to keep it just a logo,
    i may change coloring a little
  14. jaxx

jaxx Guest

no color homes... at least i dont think so
  15. SpArKeY_STi

SpArKeY_STi Guest

OK, i have a few more ideas left in me. This being one of them. Its black and white for now, like you said color can be worked out later, but im gona hand color one because of the way i drew this one. I just hope you dont change the colors again :roll: . But its just an idea of the colors. Also, BIG Thx to YucA for his back shot of his 180SX, im very sorry i used yours, however it was the only view i could find of any drift car like that. So big up to YucA for his pimp picture skills.

Also, i just did a search on google and got some ideas from other companys logos. *hint hint*

[​IMG]
  16. rcdrifter

rcdrifter Guest

Sparkey GREAT work im really liking the progress and the logo's are looking better and better, like i said earlier google is your best friend in the design world :)
  17. SpArKeY_STi

SpArKeY_STi Guest

Thanks. You dont know what that means to me. Just the only problem is they keep getting better yes, however im running low on ideas :!:

Time to really think on this one... :idea:

"I think i can i think i can i think i can"... hehehe.
  18. Nick S.

Nick S. Guest

OMG! i think we have a winner!
  19. SpArKeY_STi

SpArKeY_STi Guest

One word... SWEET! hehe. Glad you guys like it. I cant edit the file corectly for some reason, so ill describe the color scheme i was thinking, and ill try and re-make it tommarow.

The words "RCDrifter.com" be yellow with a Black backdrop. Then the slogan being a light blueish with black backdrop. The big line staying black. The car can be white with maby a side graphic of some lines, and black fin. Thats just kinda a general idea of it... im to tired to try and fix it tonight... ill do it tommarow tho. Glad you guys like it. Cant wait to see the final results of the contest.

And remeber, its going to be your logo, so if theres a slight change you would like to see, let me know. That way you can better visualize it.
  20. SpArKeY_STi

SpArKeY_STi Guest

I kinda re-did the outline. The bother black and white pic is my new one compaired to my old one, then the second is the new outline, black and white, and showing you the basic color layout other then the car. Not sure how im gong to do that yet... have to convert it to .bmp and hope nothing gets changed.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.