R.A.H 66 Comanche

josve

Oct 21, 2005
Odda Norway
An older kit from FlyModel, but still very nice!

1. Boeing Sikorsky RAH66 Comanche
2. Scale 1:33
3. Publisher : Fly Model nr 86
4. Distributor : http://www.papermodelstore.com/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=19&products_id=796

Since this is an older kit and typical out of stock it's not easy to get.
But PaperModelStore has it still.

The cover

The kit comes in the A3 Format and contains 6 sheets of parts instructions and formers.

I'm not quite sure what to think of this kit :)
But the model itselves are interesting.
The overall impression is very good.
I'm not sure if this is computerdrawn, it's not easy to see.
It don't have the "handdrawn" look....
The print seems good, paper seems good, Instructions....might be good enough.I guess I'm the kind of guy who never can get enough drawings and instructions....the teaspoon syndrom :)

Two days ago I was looking at this model at PaperModelStore. I could not decide if I should buy it because Fly Model kits are so hot and cold.

Can you determine the designer? That often gives insight into the quality of a kit (engineering and fit). Do you know how many parts? That serves as a good guage of how realist the finished model will look.

As an aside, I wish card model stores would show close up scans of one section of each model, allowing the customer to guage the graphics quality of each kit. With all the reprints, recolorings, new authors, and so forth, it's very hard to know what you are buying in advance.

On the other hand, first impression reviews take care of this problem so thank you very much!

-Doug

fasteddiexx1

Mar 2, 2007
San Jose, CA
I've purchased this model as well, it took me 4 months to decide so I bit the bullet and bought it along with the Maly Model AH-64 Apache both incredible models. I am trying to see if I can scan this large RAH-66 somewhere so I don't have to build from the original, Lord knows I'll screw it up real good. I was wanting to build the main frame out of balsa. But a real good kit =)