Quick Intro and "Hello"

Cap'n Davo

the new guy
Just wanted to do a quick introduction. I've done a few builds of paper models and really enjoy the hobby. So far I've done a Little Joe II and a Gemini-Titan II in 1/48 scale, a mini-cooper, started a 1/48 lunar lander, and I'm currently working on Ralph Currell's 1/1200 model of the Titanic (some really tiny pieces!).

I'm very glad to get clued in to the hobby and look forward to learning from the forums here.

Thanks,
Dave "Cap'n Davo" Jones

Elliott

Hi Dave! Welcome to our little piece of the web. There's much to draw on here in the way of learning. Browse around - look at the Archives too. Huge amount of information there. Do you have pictures of your models that you'd be willing to post? We enjoy seeing what others have done and hope to see your work as well.

Cap'n Davo

the new guy
A few pics of the 1/48 Little Joe II that I built. This one went to a 2nd Grade Class that my daughter teaches, after I visited for a 'space careers' day. This was the first paper model that I tried that I actually was able to finish.

Attachments

• 100_1115.jpg
    100_1115.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 10
  • 100_1114.jpg
    100_1114.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 11
  • 100_1113.jpg
    100_1113.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 10

SSanatobaJR

Wow! You worked on a Titanic model! That couldn't have been easy! I've never done a Titanic model before but I have studied books on the ship and her tragic maiden voyage. Hope the model turned out awesome!:thumb:

Cap'n Davo

the new guy
Been about 2 years since I was last on the forum so thought I'd introduce myself (again). When I first joined I was working on a 1/48 lunar lander and 1/1200 Titanic... guess I'm still working on those since I never finished them. :) Currently on my work desk in various stages of completion are: 1/33 Me-100C, 1/33 AH-64 Apache, 1/144 Shuttle Atlantis, a ralley car, 1/48 scale J-2 engines for Saturn V second stage, and a 1/33 Eindecker. So my challenge is obvious... no problem at starting models... just really bad at finishing them off. I'm compelled (by my wife, no less) to finish some of these off before I start anything new and there are so many new ones I want to start right away that its killing me. :) <sigh> So the shuttle Atlantis is first on the list.