questiong on paint?

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by Edavillenut, Apr 29, 2003.

1. Edavillenut

Edavillenut Member

i have a car that i painted with Polly Scale paint do i need to seal it with a clear coat. if so can i use testors dull coat. because the polly scale is a water based paint and the testors dull coat is a laquar based paint.
  2. DanRaitz

DanRaitz Member

are you talking about clear coating so you could put decals on or putting the final clear coat on?

If you are already familar with Poly Scale paint I would reccomend using their clear coats. They have a clear Flat, Gloss and Satin. I have stopped using all other clear coats EXCEPT Poly Scales! I find that they dry fast, dry clear (Testors dull-cote in my experience tends to yellow with age) and clean up easy.

Dan
  3. Gary Pfeil

Gary Pfeil Active Member

Shawn, I've used the glosscote and dullcote on Polly S with no problems. I haven't noticed any yellowing but perhaps that's because it's subtle and I can't see it on the colors I've painted. Or have another piece of equipment painted the same color but not sprayed with the dullcote. I use it because it is in a spray can and it's one less time to clean the airbrush, just lazy. I know I would get a thinner coat using the airbrush.